Maggie Schneider broke the school record in the 5000m
Jefferson (60m and 200m), Gardner (400m), Stadnika (Heptathlon) and Williams (400m) each break school record
Both men's and women's teams compete on Friday, Jan. 12, with field events starting at 2:30 p.m. and track events starting at 5 p.m.
Kendell Jefferson wins 60m, Chanel Gardner finishes first in 200m and third in 400m
For the eighth consecutive semester, Oakland led the Horizon League with 146 student-athletes meeting Honor Roll criteria
5-5-17 Horizon League Outdoor Championships - Day 1 Photos by Trevor Parks - YSU Media Relations Mekye Phelps - Oakland Ath. Comm.
The Oakland Women's Track & Field team wins first Horizon League Championship in program history. Men's team finishes 3rd
▪ Placed 4th and set a new PR in the 10,000m (36:43.41) at the Horizon League Outdoor Championship (May 5-7)
▪ Placed 2nd in the 5000m (18:57.61) at the Golden Grizzly Invite (April 14-15)
▪ Placed 3rd in the 3000m (10:21.88) at Oakland vs. Detroit Duals (April 8)
▪ Ran a career best in the 5,000-meter at the Horizon League Championships with a time of 17:47.44 that earned her a third place
▪ Won 3000m at the Tiffin Dragon Invite with a time of 10:31.52
▪ Set 3000m PR at the 2016 Horizon League Indoor Championships at 10:12.21 to finish fifth helping Oakland win the first title in program history
▪ Finished fourth in the 3000m at the EMU Triangular with 10:33.91
▪ 2016 Horizon League Spring Academic All-League Team selection
▪ 2015 fall and 2016 spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection
▪ Finished sixth with 1500m PR (5:00.80) at the Detroit Dual Meet (April 4).
▪ Placed third with 5000m PR (17:57.72) at the Golden Grizzly Duals (April 11).
▪ Ran 3000m PR (10:24.77) at the Horizon League Indoor Championships (March 1).
▪ Placed fifth in the 3000m at the Jack Skoog Dual (Jan. 16).
▪ Four-year letterwinner in Cross Country for coach Armstrong, including one year as a captain
▪ Four-year letterwinner in Track and Field for coach Flynn, including one year as a captain
▪ 2014 First-Team selection 1600m run and Second-Team 3200m run
▪ All-Conference First-Team for Cross Country in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
▪ All-Academic team for Cross Country and Track in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
▪ Graduated as Valedictorian
Top Athletic Performance:
▪ Personal best: 5k run: 17:58, 3k run: 10:24
Personal: Alana Marie Koepf
Date of Birth: April 18, 1996
Parents: David and Cindy Koepf
Siblings: Brother, Sean, Sister, Riley
Major: Bio-Medical Sciences
Top Three Reasons for Choosing Oakland:
2. Opportunity to compete in athletics
3. Good medical programs
|Personal Bests (Outdoor)|
|1500m||5:00.80 (Detroit Dual Meet - April 4, 2015)|
|5000m||17:47.44 (HL Championship - May 6, 2016)|
|Personal Bests (Indoor)|
|3000m||10:12.21 (HL Indoor Championships - Feb 28, 2016)|