Both the men’s and women’s team, plus four individuals received accolades
For the eighth consecutive semester, Oakland led the Horizon League with 146 student-athletes meeting Honor Roll criteria
Competition begins Thursday, May 25 through Saturday, May 27 in Lexington, Ky. on ESPN3
OAKLAND HAS PROGRAM BEST SIX STUDENT-ATHLETES QUALIFY FOR NCAA TRACK AND FIELD EAST PRELIMINARY ROUND
Stroede, Vitella, J. Bowman, O'Connor, Burr and Haas will compete in Lexington, Ky.
Golden Grizzlies look to set NCAA East Preliminary qualifying times
Oakland competes in Day 2 of the 2016 Horizon League Outdoor Championships Photo Credit: Jonathan Miano - Horizon League
The Oakland Women's Track & Field team wins first Horizon League Championship in program history. Men's team finishes 3rd
5-2-15 Second day of competition at the HL Outdoor Championships
4-11-15 Golden Grizzly Duals held at Oakland Track & Field Stadium.
Oakland Track & Field vs UDM in first ever meet at the new Track & Field Stadium
▪ Horizon League champion in the 3000-meter steeplechase with a time of 8:59.01
▪ Competed at the NCAA Division I East Preliminary Round for the steeplechase running a school record time of 8:45.23
▪ Took third at the Horizon League Championships in the 5000-meter run with a career best of 14:43.31
▪ Ran a career best in the 1500 at the Golden Grizzly Invite with a time of 3:52.40
▪ 2015 fall and 2016 spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection
▪ Finished fifth in the 3000m Run at the Horizon League Indoor Championships with 8:30.87
▪ Ran anchor leg of first place distance medley relay team at the Horizon League Indoor Championships with a time of 10:03.31
▪ Finished fourth in the 3000m Run at the SVSU Jets Pizza Invitational with PR time of 8:22.72
▪ Finished fourth in the 3000m Run at the EMU Triangular with 8:49.68
▪ Placed second in the 5000m (15:04.25) and third in the 3000m steeplechase (9:23.87) at the 2015 Horizon League Outdoor Championships (May 3).
▪ Posted 3000m steeplechase school record (9:02.88) to finish second at the North Central College Gregory Final Qualifier Meet (May 16).
▪ Set dual meet 2000m steeplechase record (6:09.23) to claim title at the Detroit Dual Meet (April 4).
▪ Won 5000m (15:03.85) at the Golden Grizzly Duals (April 11).
▪ Won 3000m steeplechase (9:14.07) at the Gibson Invitational (April 18).
▪ 2015 Spring Academic All-League Selection.
▪ 2014 Fall and 2015 Spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection.
▪ Recorded mile PR (4:17.38) to finish fourth at the SVSU Jets Pizza Invitational (Jan. 31).
▪ Placed third with 3000m PR (8:30.31) at the Youngstown State National Invite (Feb. 7).
▪ Finished second in 3000m at the EMU Quad-Meet (Jan. 9).
▪ Recorded a career-best 5000m time of 15:12.32 at the Horizon League Championships for a third-place finish (May 2-4)
▪ Was also third at the league meet in the 3000m steeplechase with a time of 9:28.91
▪ All races resulted in top-ten finishes (six competitions)
▪ Earned a first-place finish at the Don Klienow Invitational in the 5000m with a time of 15:17.68 (Apr. 12)
▪ Followed up with a victory in the 3000m steeplechase in the next meet at the Al Owens Classic with a time of 9:38.50 (Apr. 18-19)
▪ Career-best 3000m steeplechase was a 9:26.30 at the 48th Annual Gina Relays (Apr. 24-26)
▪ Horizon League Academic Honor Roll (Fall 2014)
▪ Horizon League Academic Honor Roll (Spring 2015)
▪ Horizon League Academic Honor Roll (Fall 2015)
▪ Horizon League Academic Honor Roll (Spring 2016)
▪ Horizon League Academic Honor Roll (Fall 2016)
Full Name: Andrew James Bowman
Date of Birth: March 7, 1994
Parents: Daniel and Celina
Siblings: Twin brother, Jacob (also on Track & Field and XC Team), Sisters Abby and Alyssa
Major: Environmental Science
|Personal Bests (Indoor)|
|Mile||4:17.38 (SVSU Jets Pizza Invitational - Jan. 31, 2015)|
|3000m||8:22.72 (SVSU Jets Pizza Invitational - Jan. 30, 2016)|
|Personal Bests (Outdoor)|
|5000m||14:43.31 (Horizon League Outdoor Championships - May 6, 2016)|
|3000m steeplechase||8:45.23* (NCAA East Preliminary - May 26, 2016)|
|1500m||3:52.40 (Oakland University Invite - APril 16, 2017)|
|* denotes school record|