Both the men’s and women’s team, plus four individuals received accolades
For the eighth consecutive semester, Oakland led the Horizon League with 146 student-athletes meeting Honor Roll criteria
The senior distance runner clocked a school record time in 3,000 meter Steeplechase.
Competition begins Thursday, May 25 through Saturday, May 27 in Lexington, Ky. on ESPN3
OAKLAND HAS PROGRAM BEST SIX STUDENT-ATHLETES QUALIFY FOR NCAA TRACK AND FIELD EAST PRELIMINARY ROUND
Stroede, Vitella, J. Bowman, O'Connor, Burr and Haas will compete in Lexington, Ky.
5-6-17 Horizon League Outdoor Championships - Day 3 Photos by Trevor Parks - YSU SID
5-6-17 Horizon League Outdoor Championships - Day 2 Photos by Trevor Parks -YSU Media, Jeremiah Hergott - UDM Media
2017 Horizon League Indoor Championships - Day 2 Photos by Jose Juarez
2017 Horizon League Indoor Championships - Day 1 Photos by: Jose Juarez
Oakland competes in Day 2 of the 2016 Horizon League Outdoor Championships Photo Credit: Jonathan Miano - Horizon League
▪ Horizon League Champion in the 5000-meter with a time of 17:43
▪ Horizon League runner-up in the 3000-meter steeplechase clocking a time of 10:51
▪ Ran a career-best 17:14 in the 5000 at the Jesse Owens Track & Field Classic
▪ Ran a career-best in the 1500-meter at the Detroit Dual with a time of 4:39
▪ Placed second in the mile run at the 2016 Horizon League Indoor Championships with a time of 5:02.29 helping Oakland capture the first title in program history
▪ Also placed sixth in the 3000m (10:12.68) at the 2016 Horizon League Indoor Championships
▪ Ran anchor on the distance medley team that finished first at the 2016 HL Indoor Championships with a time of 12:11.46
▪ Ran anchor on the DMR team that recorded a season best 12:11.46 time at the YSU National Invite to finish second
▪ 2016 Horizon League Spring Academic All-League Team selection
▪ 2015 fall and 2016 spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection
▪ Won 5000m title (18:00.17) and finished second in the 10,000m (37:31.57) at the 2015 Horizon League Outdoor Championships (May 3).
▪ Won the 1500m (4:53.21) and 3000m (10:12.24) at the Detroit Duals (April 4).
▪ Finished first in the 5000m (17:28.12) at the Golden Grizzly Duals (April 11).
▪ Placed third in 5000m (17:36.58) at the Gibson Invitational (April 18).
▪ 2015 Spring Academic All-League Selection.
▪ 2014 Fall and 2015 Spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection.
▪ Recorded mile PR (5:01.35), finished second in the 3000m (10:10.10) and was a member of the third place DMR (12:15.21) at the Horizon League Indoor Championships (March 1).
▪ Ran 3000m PR (10:02.09) and finished second at the GVSU Big Meet (Feb. 14).
▪ Was a member of the first place and school record-setting DMR (12:01.64) at the Youngstown State National Invite (Feb. 7) and first place DMR (12:19.85) at the SVSU Jets Pizza Invitational (Jan. 31).
▪ Finished second in the mile (5:12.46) and was a member of the fourth place 4x400m relay at the Jack Skoog Dual (Jan. 16).
▪ Placed third in the mile at the EMU Quad-Meet (Jan. 9) and Eastern Michigan Holiday Classic (Dec. 5).
▪ Recorded three third-place finishes on the season - twice in the 3000m steeplechase and once in the 5000m
▪ Season-best time in the 3000m steeplechase was 11:18.79 at the Horizon League Championships, good for third place (May 2)
▪ Best time of the season in the 5000m was 18:36.87 at the Don Klienow Invitational for another third-place finish (Apr. 12)
▪ Earned a 5:06.29 in the 1500m at the Oakland vs. Detroit Dual (Apr. 5)
▪ Ran a 7:32.88 in the 2000m steeplechase at the Oakland vs. Detroit Dual
▪ Recorded a season-best 5:23.07 mile time at the EMU Eagle Dual Meet (Dec. 6)
▪ Earned a mark of 10:27.20 in the 3000m at the Horizon League Championship
▪ Was fifth with the 4x400 relay team at the Jack Skoog Open (Jan. 17) with a time of 4:27.52
|Personal Bests (Indoor)|
|Mile||5:23.07 (EMU Eagle Dual Meet, Dec. 6, 2013)|
|3000m||10:27.20 (Horizon League Championship, March 1-2, 2014)|
|DMR||11:55.18* (YSU National Invite - Feb. 3, 3017)|
|Personal Bests (Outdoor)|
|1500m||4:53.21 (Detroit Dual - April 4, 2015)|
|5000m||17:28.12 (Golden Grizzly Duals - April 11, 2015)|
|10,000m||37:31.57 (2015 Horizon League Outdoor Championships - May 3, 2015)|
|2000m steeplechase||7:32.88 (Detroit Dual - April 5, 2014)|
|3000m steeplechase||10:14.14* (2017 NCAA East Preliminary Championships)|