Competition begins Thursday, May 10 at the Ken Herrick Outdoor Track in Hillsdale, Mich.
Both men’s and women’s teams compete Friday, May 4-Sunday, May 6 at home in Rochester at the Oakland Track and Field
The Oakland track and field teams will be sending athletes to both the Jesse Owens Classic and the Virginia Challenge
Both men's and women's teams compete on Friday, Jan. 26 starting at 2:30 p.m. and Saturday, Jan. 27, starting at 11 a.m.
Both the men's and women's team, plus four individuals received accolades
5-6-17 Horizon League Outdoor Championships - Day 3 Photos by Trevor Parks - YSU SID
5-6-17 Horizon League Outdoor Championships - Day 2 Photos by Trevor Parks -YSU Media, Jeremiah Hergott - UDM Media
2017 Horizon League Indoor Championships - Day 2 Photos by Jose Juarez
2017 Horizon League Indoor Championships - Day 1 Photos by: Jose Juarez
Oakland competes in Day 2 of the 2016 Horizon League Outdoor Championships Photo Credit: Jonathan Miano - Horizon League
▪ Member of the distance medley relay team that captured the league title in the event (12:18.42) at the Horizon League Indoor Championships (Feb. 25-26)
▪ Finished second in the mile (5:00.34) at the indoor championship
▪ Named Horizon League runner of the week on Jan. 31 after placing first out of 35 runners in the 3000m (9:54.85) at the Jets Pizza Invite (Jan. 28)
▪ Member of the distance medley relay team that set a new school record in the event and placed first (11:55.18) at the YSU National Invite (Feb. 3)
▪ Finished 17th in the 3000s (10:14.14) along with a PR at the NCAA Division 1 East Preliminary Round (May25-27)
▪ Finished 1st in 3000s (10:14.44) at the Hillsdale “Last Chance” Classic (May10-11)
▪ Captured the title in 3000s (10:31.98) along with a facility record at the Horizon League Outdoor Championship (May 5-7)
▪ Named Oakland Student Athlete of the week (May 1-7)
▪ Named Outstanding performer at the Horizon League Outdoor Championship (May 5-7)
▪ Runner up in the 5000m (17:08.00) along with a PR at the Horizon League Outdoor Championship (May 5-7)
▪ Placed 1st in the 5000m (18:06.53) at the Golden Grizzly Invite (April 14-15)
▪ Named Horizon League All-Academic
▪ Named Horizon League Runner of the week (April 28) (April 19)
▪ Horizon League Champion in the 5000-meter with a time of 17:43
▪ Horizon League runner-up in the 3000-meter steeplechase clocking a time of 10:51
▪ Ran a career-best 17:14 in the 5000 at the Jesse Owens Track & Field Classic
▪ Ran a career-best in the 1500-meter at the Detroit Dual with a time of 4:39
▪ Placed second in the mile run at the 2016 Horizon League Indoor Championships with a time of 5:02.29 helping Oakland capture the first title in program history
▪ Also placed sixth in the 3000m (10:12.68) at the 2016 Horizon League Indoor Championships
▪ Ran anchor on the distance medley team that finished first at the 2016 HL Indoor Championships with a time of 12:11.46
▪ Ran anchor on the DMR team that recorded a season best 12:11.46 time at the YSU National Invite to finish second
▪ 2016 Horizon League Spring Academic All-League Team selection
▪ 2015 fall and 2016 spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection
▪ Won 5000m title (18:00.17) and finished second in the 10,000m (37:31.57) at the 2015 Horizon League Outdoor Championships (May 3).
▪ Won the 1500m (4:53.21) and 3000m (10:12.24) at the Detroit Duals (April 4).
▪ Finished first in the 5000m (17:28.12) at the Golden Grizzly Duals (April 11).
▪ Placed third in 5000m (17:36.58) at the Gibson Invitational (April 18).
▪ 2015 Spring Academic All-League Selection.
▪ 2014 Fall and 2015 Spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection.
▪ Recorded mile PR (5:01.35), finished second in the 3000m (10:10.10) and was a member of the third place DMR (12:15.21) at the Horizon League Indoor Championships (March 1).
▪ Ran 3000m PR (10:02.09) and finished second at the GVSU Big Meet (Feb. 14).
▪ Was a member of the first place and school record-setting DMR (12:01.64) at the Youngstown State National Invite (Feb. 7) and first place DMR (12:19.85) at the SVSU Jets Pizza Invitational (Jan. 31).
▪ Finished second in the mile (5:12.46) and was a member of the fourth place 4x400m relay at the Jack Skoog Dual (Jan. 16).
▪ Placed third in the mile at the EMU Quad-Meet (Jan. 9) and Eastern Michigan Holiday Classic (Dec. 5).
▪ Recorded three third-place finishes on the season - twice in the 3000m steeplechase and once in the 5000m
▪ Season-best time in the 3000m steeplechase was 11:18.79 at the Horizon League Championships, good for third place (May 2)
▪ Best time of the season in the 5000m was 18:36.87 at the Don Klienow Invitational for another third-place finish (Apr. 12)
▪ Earned a 5:06.29 in the 1500m at the Oakland vs. Detroit Dual (Apr. 5)
▪ Ran a 7:32.88 in the 2000m steeplechase at the Oakland vs. Detroit Dual
▪ Recorded a season-best 5:23.07 mile time at the EMU Eagle Dual Meet (Dec. 6)
▪ Earned a mark of 10:27.20 in the 3000m at the Horizon League Championship
▪ Was fifth with the 4x400 relay team at the Jack Skoog Open (Jan. 17) with a time of 4:27.52
|Personal Bests (Indoor)|
|Mile||5:23.07 (EMU Eagle Dual Meet, Dec. 6, 2013)|
|3000m||10:27.20 (Horizon League Championship, March 1-2, 2014)|
|DMR||11:55.18* (YSU National Invite - Feb. 3, 3017)|
|Personal Bests (Outdoor)|
|1500m||4:53.21 (Detroit Dual - April 4, 2015)|
|5000m||17:28.12 (Golden Grizzly Duals - April 11, 2015)|
|10,000m||37:31.57 (2015 Horizon League Outdoor Championships - May 3, 2015)|
|2000m steeplechase||7:32.88 (Detroit Dual - April 5, 2014)|
|3000m steeplechase||10:14.14* (2017 NCAA East Preliminary Championships)|