Both men's and women's teams compete on Friday, Jan. 26 starting at 2:30 p.m. and Saturday, Jan. 27, starting at 11 a.m.
Stroede finished 23rd in 5000m with time of 15:00.50
Stroede to run 5000m on Friday, June 9 at 10:25 p.m. ET on ESPN
Bryce Stroede places 12th in 5000m becoming second student-athlete to qualify for NCAA National Championships since Jason Bigelow in 2010
Bryce Stroede - 5000m at NCAA Outdoor T&F Championships Photo Credit: Phil Johnson (atheticsPix Photo Agency)
5-6-17 Horizon League Outdoor Championships - Day 3 Photos by Trevor Parks - YSU SID
5-6-17 Horizon League Outdoor Championships - Day 2 Photos by Trevor Parks -YSU Media, Jeremiah Hergott - UDM Media
5-5-17 Horizon League Outdoor Championships - Day 1 Photos by Trevor Parks - YSU Media Relations Mekye Phelps - Oakland Ath. Comm.
2017 Horizon League Indoor Championships - Day 2 Photos by Jose Juarez
▪ Captured the individual mile title (4:09.23) at the Horizon League Indoor Championships (Feb. 25-26)
▪ Set a new indoor mile record and finished ninth (4:04.73) at the David Hemery Invite (Feb. 11)
▪ Set a school and facility record in the 3000m (8:10.7) and tabbed a first-place finish in the event at the Jets Pizza Invite (Jan. 28)
▪ Finished first in the 3000m (8:44.23) at the Jack Skoog Invite (Jan. 13)
▪ Horizon League Champion in the 5000-meter run with a time of 14:41.85
▪ Horizon League Champion in the 10,000-meter run with a time of 30:19.70
▪ Ran a 5000-meter school record of 14:03.61 at the Raleigh Relays
▪ Ran a school record in the 1500-meter at the Golden Grizzly Invite (4:36.13)▪ Competed at the NCAA East Preliminary Round in the 5000-meter run, placing 30th
▪ Earned the Top Scorer Award claiming after winning the 3000m (8:23.65) and Mile (4:05.04-Horizon League and School Record) and the 5000m title at the 2016 Horizon League Indoor Championships
▪ Broke his previous 3000m school record (8:14.63) to finish first at the GVSU Bob Eubanks
▪ 2015 fall and 2016 spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection
▪ Finished 43rd in 10,000m (32:52.85) at the 2015 NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships East Preliminaries (May 28).
▪ Qualified for the 2015 NCAA Outdoor East Preliminary by breaking 10,000m school record (29:48.27) in his event debut at the Hillsdale Gina Relays (April 24) becoming the second men's 10,000m qualifier since Zack Jones in 2011. Also earned Horizon League Runner of the Week honors (April 20-26).
▪ Won 1500m title with PR (3:49.00) at the 2015 Horizon League Outdoor Championships (May 1).
▪ Finished first in 1500m (3:56.20) at the Golden Grizzly Duals (April 11).
▪ Claimed 3000m title with season-best time (8:31.30) and finished first in mile run (4:26.29) at the Detroit Dual (April 4).
▪ Set 3000m PR (8:18.82) and placed first at the Mastodon Opener (Dec. 6).
▪ Also recorded first place in the 3000m and ran final leg in the DMR that finished second at the Youngstown State National Invite (Feb. 7).
▪ Placed third in the mile at the Horizon League Championships (March 1) and second at the Jack Skoog Dual (Jan. 16).
▪ Recognized as athlete of the week twice during the season (Jan. 14 and Feb. 18)
▪ Was victorious in the mile at the Horizon League Championship with a time of 4:10.53 (March 1-2)
▪ Personal-best in the mile was a 4:08.70 at the GVSU Big Meet (Feb. 14)
▪ Best time for the 3000m was 8:28.02 at the GVSU Big Meet for a fourth-place finish
▪ Was part of the distance medley relay team at the YSU National Invitational that recorded a first-place 10:04.33 finish
▪ Win the 3000m at the Eastern Michigan Triangular with a time of 8:45.15
▪ Four-year letterwinner in Cross Country
▪ Three-year letterwinner in Track and Field
▪ Two-year letterwinner in Basketball
▪ Three-time All-State Cross Country
▪ Academic All-District honoree
▪ Four-year honor roll student
Top Athletic Performance
▪ 2012 Division 3 3200m run Individual State Champion
Full Name:Bryce Edward Stroede
Birthdate: March. 5, 1995
Parents: Bruce and Joan Stroede
Siblings: Tim, Dale, and Jessica
Top Three Reasons for Choosing Oakland:
1. Athletic opportunity
3. Coaching Staff
|Personal Bests (Indoor)|
|Mile||4:04.73* (Boston University David Hemery Valentine Inv. - Feb. 10, 2017)|
|3000m||8:10.70* (SVSU Jet's Pizza Invitational - Jan. 27, 2017)|
|*Denotes school record ^Horizon League Record|
|Personal Bests (Outdoor)|
|800M||1:52.01 (Oakland University Golden Grizzly Invite - April 14, 2017)|
|1500m||3:46.13* (Golden Grizzly Invite - April 16, 2016)|
|5000m||13:49.90* (Virginia Challenge - April 21, 2017)|
|10,000m||29:37.19* (Raleigh Relays - March 24, 2017)|
|*Denotes school record|