Both men's and women's teams compete Saturday, Feb. 24 and Sunday, Feb. 25
Golden Grizzlies compete on Friday, May 5 through Sunday, May 7
Dana Tessmer placed first in pole vault and broke her own school record with a mark of 12 ft., 1.5 in.
The meet will begin Friday at 3 p.m. with the women's heptathlon and resume Saturday at 10:30 a.m. with field events
The team will travel to North Carolina State and the University of Tennessee this weekend to kick off the 2017 outdoor season
2017 Horizon League Indoor Championships - Day 2 Photos by Jose Juarez
The Oakland Women's Track & Field team wins first Horizon League Championship in program history. Men's team finishes 3rd
▪ Member of the 4x400 relay team that placed first and set a new school record (3:52.28) at the Horizon League Indoor Championships (Feb. 25-26)
▪ Also captured the individual 800m title (2:14.25) at the indoor championships
▪ Member of the distance medley relay team that set a new school record in the event and placed first (11:55.18) at the YSU National Invite (Feb. 3)
▪ Member of the 4x400 relay team that placed first (3:54.35) at the YSU National Invite (Feb. 4)
▪ Member of the 4x400 relay team that placed third (4:07.28) at the Miami Duals (April 1)
▪ Placed first for 800M
▪ Horizon League champion in the 800-meter dash with a time of 2:17.08
▪ Ran a 1500-meter career best at the Vanderbilt Black and Gold Invitational with a time of 4:43.12
▪ Owned top team times in the 800 dash (2:14.66) and 1,500 run (4:43.12)
▪ Won the 800m at the 2016 Horizon League Indoor Championships with a PR time of 2:13.92 helping Oakland win the first title in program history
▪ Placed third in the 800m (2:17.72) at the Tiffin Dragon Invite and third (2:18.02) at the EMU Triangular with a time of 2:18.02
▪ Posted mile PR at 5:12.77 at the GVSU Bob Eubanks Open
▪ Posted team-best 500m time of 1:19.05 at the YSU National Invitational
▪ Placed seventh with 800m PR (2:16.64) at the 2015 Horizon League Outdoor Championships (May 1).
▪ Finished second in 800m (2:21.08) and set 1500m PR (5:26.56) at the Detroit Dual (April 4).
▪ 2014 Fall Horizon League Honor Roll selection.
▪ Ran mile PR (5:15.25) at the 2015 Gladstein Invitational (Jan. 24).
▪ Was a member of the first place and school record-setting DMR (12:01.64) at the Youngstown State National Invite (Feb. 6-7) and first place DMR (12:19.85) at the SVSU Jets Pizza Invitational (Jan. 31).
▪ Placed third as a member of the DMR at the Horizon League Indoor Championships (March 1).
▪ Ran a season-best mile time of 5:18.76 at the YSU National Invitational (Feb. 7-8) for seventh place
▪ Best time in the 3000m was 10:55.41 at the EMU Eagle Dual Meet (Dec. 6).
▪ Was part of the distance medley relay team that earned first place at the YSU National Invitational with at time of 12:06.60.
|Personal Bests (Indoor)|
|Mile||5:12.77 (GVSU Bob Eubanks Open - Jan. 15, 2016)|
|800m||2:13.92 (2016 Horizon League Indoor Championships - Feb. 28, 2016)|
|3000m||10:55.41 (EMU Eagle Dual Meet - Dec. 6, 2013)|
|4x400 Relay||3:52.25* (Horizon League Indoor Track & Field Championships - Feb. 25, 2017)|
|DMR||11:55.18* (YSU National Invite - Feb. 3, 3017)|
|Personal Bests (Outdoor)|
|800m||2:14.66 (Hillsdale Gina Relays - April 30, 2016)|
|1500m||5:26.56 (Vanderbilt Black and Gold Invitational - March 26, 2016)|