Both the men’s and women’s team, plus four individuals received accolades
For the eighth consecutive semester, Oakland led the Horizon League with 146 student-athletes meeting Honor Roll criteria
The senior distance runner clocked a school record time in 3,000 meter Steeplechase.
Competition begins Thursday, May 25 through Saturday, May 27 in Lexington, Ky. on ESPN3
OAKLAND HAS PROGRAM BEST SIX STUDENT-ATHLETES QUALIFY FOR NCAA TRACK AND FIELD EAST PRELIMINARY ROUND
Stroede, Vitella, J. Bowman, O'Connor, Burr and Haas will compete in Lexington, Ky.
5-6-17 Horizon League Outdoor Championships - Day 2 Photos by Trevor Parks -YSU Media, Jeremiah Hergott - UDM Media
2017 Horizon League Indoor Championships - Day 2 Photos by Jose Juarez
The Oakland Women's Track & Field team wins first Horizon League Championship in program history. Men's team finishes 3rd
5-3-15 Final day of the HL Outdoor Championships
5-2-15 Second day of competition at the HL Outdoor Championships
▪ Named Outstanding Performer at the 2016 Horizon League Indoor Championships winning the 5000m (17:36.67) and finishing second in the 3000m (10:04.87) helping Oakland win the first title in program history
▪ Finished second in 3000m with a PR time of 9:50.97at the SVSU Jet’s Pizza Invite
▪ Set mile PR with a time of 5:06.23 at the EMU Triangular
▪ Posted a team best time of 17:30.60 in the 5000m Run at the GVSU Big Meet
▪ 2015 fall and 2016 spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection
▪ Claimed the 3000m steeplechase title (11:03.16) and made the podium finishing fourth in 5000m (18:11.17) at 2015 Horizon League Outdoor Championships (May 2).
▪ Won the 2000m steeplechase title with PR (7:14.03) at the Detroit Duals (April 4).
▪ Finished first in the 3000m steeplechase with PR (10:57.37) at the Golden Grizzly Duals (April 11).
▪ 2015 Spring Academic All-League Selection.
▪ 2014 Fall and 2015 Spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection.
▪ Recorded mile PR (5:17.86) and finished fourth at the Jack Skoog Dual (Jan. 16) and 5000m PR (17:17.91) at the GVSU Big Meet (Feb. 13).
▪ Finished third and recorded 3000m PR (10:05.59) at the Youngstown State National Invite (Feb. 7).
▪ Placed third in the 5000m (17:29.39) and fifth in the 3000m (10:12.07) at the Horizon League Indoor Championships (March 1).
▪ Tabbed second place finishes in the 3000m at the EMU Quad-Meet (Jan. 9) and 2015 Gladstein Invitational (Jan. 24).
▪ Earned four top-ten finishes throughout the season
▪ Finished first at the Don Klienow Invitational in the 3000m steeplechase with a time of 11:31.43 (Apr. 12)
▪ Recorded a personal-best in the 3000m steeplechase with a 11:14.01 at the 48th Annual Gina Relays (Apr. 24)
▪ Set a second career-best in the 2000m steeplechase finishing in 7:22.27 at the Oakland vs. Detroit Dual (Apr. 5)
▪ Also set a new career record in the 5000m run with a time of 18:13.75 at the Al Owens Classic, which was a second-place finish (Apr. 18)
▪ Was a two-time top-ten finisher at the Horizon League Championships in the 3000m steeplechase (fifth) and the 3000m (eighth)
▪ Finished third in 2,000m steeplechase with a time of 7:41.76 at UDM-Oakland Dual Meet (April 6)
▪ Earned season-best 3,000m steeplechase time of 11:42.87 to finish sixth at Eastern Michigan Twilight Invitational (April 19)
▪ Ran season-best 1,500m run time of 4:58.20 at Toledo Invitational (May 2)
▪ Earned fifth-place with season-best 3,000m time of 10:43.33 at IPFW Quadrangular (Jan. 26)
▪ Four-year letterwinner for coach Tom Carney
▪ Member of conference and regional cross country championship teams in 2009 and 2010
▪ Named All-county first team in 2011 and All-region in final two seasons
▪ All-state selection in track in 2009
▪ All-region and All-county in track during senior campaign
▪ Ranked second in her graduating class
▪ Member of National Honor Society
Top Athletic Performance
▪ Running personal best 18:55 in 5K
Full Name: Miranda Rhea Haas
Birthdate: June 18, 1994
Parents: Matthew and Charise Haas
Siblings: Madison and McKenna
Top Three Reasons for Choosing Oakland:
1. The coaching staff
2. Smaller class sizes and the campus
3. Proximity to home
|Personal Bests (Indoor)|
|Mile||5:31.50 (EMU Triangular - Jan. 23, 2016)|
|3000m||9:50.97 (SVSU Jets Pizza Invite - Jan. 30, 2016)|
|Personal Bests (Outdoor)|
|1500m||4:58.20 (Toledo Invitational - May 2, 2013)|
|5000m||18:13.75 (Al Owens Classic - April 18-19, 2014)|
|2000m Steeplechase||7:14.03 (Detroit Duals - April 4, 2015)|
|3000m Steeplechase||10:57.37 (Golden Grizzly Duals - April 11, 2015)|