Competition begins Thursday, May 10 at the Ken Herrick Outdoor Track in Hillsdale, Mich.
Both the men's and women's team, plus four individuals received accolades
For the eighth consecutive semester, Oakland led the Horizon League with 146 student-athletes meeting Honor Roll criteria
The senior distance runner clocked a school record time in 3,000 meter Steeplechase.
Competition begins Thursday, May 25 through Saturday, May 27 in Lexington, Ky. on ESPN3
5-6-17 Horizon League Outdoor Championships - Day 2 Photos by Trevor Parks -YSU Media, Jeremiah Hergott - UDM Media
2017 Horizon League Indoor Championships - Day 2 Photos by Jose Juarez
The Oakland Women's Track & Field team wins first Horizon League Championship in program history. Men's team finishes 3rd
5-3-15 Final day of the HL Outdoor Championships
5-2-15 Second day of competition at the HL Outdoor Championships
▪ Placed third in the 3000m (10:07.62) at the Horizon League Indoor Championships (Feb. 15-16)
▪ Recorded a third-place finish in the 5000m (14:41.97) at the YSU National Invite (Feb. 3)
▪ Placed 45th in the 3000s (10:52.74) at the NCAA Division 1 East Preliminary Round (May 25-27)
▪ Placed 2nd with a new PR in the 3000s (10:26.15) at the Hillsdale “Last Chance” Classic (May 10-11)
▪ Placed 3rd in the 3000m (17:18.27) at the Horizon League Outdoor Championship (May 5-7)
▪ Placed 2nd in the 3000s (10:53:92) at the Horizon League Outdoor Championship (May 5-7)
▪ Set a PR in the 1500m (4:46.17) at the Golden Grizzly Invite (April14-15)
▪ Set a PR in the 5000m (17:16.80) at Raleigh Relays (March 24-25)
▪ Named Horizon League All-Academic
▪ Named Outstanding Performer at the 2016 Horizon League Indoor Championships winning the 5000m (17:36.67) and finishing second in the 3000m (10:04.87) helping Oakland win the first title in program history
▪ Finished second in 3000m with a PR time of 9:50.97at the SVSU Jet’s Pizza Invite
▪ Set mile PR with a time of 5:06.23 at the EMU Triangular
▪ Posted a team best time of 17:30.60 in the 5000m Run at the GVSU Big Meet
▪ 2015 fall and 2016 spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection
▪ Claimed the 3000m steeplechase title (11:03.16) and made the podium finishing fourth in 5000m (18:11.17) at 2015 Horizon League Outdoor Championships (May 2).
▪ Won the 2000m steeplechase title with PR (7:14.03) at the Detroit Duals (April 4).
▪ Finished first in the 3000m steeplechase with PR (10:57.37) at the Golden Grizzly Duals (April 11).
▪ 2015 Spring Academic All-League Selection.
▪ 2014 Fall and 2015 Spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection.
▪ Recorded mile PR (5:17.86) and finished fourth at the Jack Skoog Dual (Jan. 16) and 5000m PR (17:17.91) at the GVSU Big Meet (Feb. 13).
▪ Finished third and recorded 3000m PR (10:05.59) at the Youngstown State National Invite (Feb. 7).
▪ Placed third in the 5000m (17:29.39) and fifth in the 3000m (10:12.07) at the Horizon League Indoor Championships (March 1).
▪ Tabbed second place finishes in the 3000m at the EMU Quad-Meet (Jan. 9) and 2015 Gladstein Invitational (Jan. 24).
▪ Earned four top-ten finishes throughout the season
▪ Finished first at the Don Klienow Invitational in the 3000m steeplechase with a time of 11:31.43 (Apr. 12)
▪ Recorded a personal-best in the 3000m steeplechase with a 11:14.01 at the 48th Annual Gina Relays (Apr. 24)
▪ Set a second career-best in the 2000m steeplechase finishing in 7:22.27 at the Oakland vs. Detroit Dual (Apr. 5)
▪ Also set a new career record in the 5000m run with a time of 18:13.75 at the Al Owens Classic, which was a second-place finish (Apr. 18)
▪ Was a two-time top-ten finisher at the Horizon League Championships in the 3000m steeplechase (fifth) and the 3000m (eighth)
▪ Finished third in 2,000m steeplechase with a time of 7:41.76 at UDM-Oakland Dual Meet (April 6)
▪ Earned season-best 3,000m steeplechase time of 11:42.87 to finish sixth at Eastern Michigan Twilight Invitational (April 19)
▪ Ran season-best 1,500m run time of 4:58.20 at Toledo Invitational (May 2)
▪ Earned fifth-place with season-best 3,000m time of 10:43.33 at IPFW Quadrangular (Jan. 26)
▪ Four-year letterwinner for coach Tom Carney
▪ Member of conference and regional cross country championship teams in 2009 and 2010
▪ Named All-county first team in 2011 and All-region in final two seasons
▪ All-state selection in track in 2009
▪ All-region and All-county in track during senior campaign
▪ Ranked second in her graduating class
▪ Member of National Honor Society
Top Athletic Performance
▪ Running personal best 18:55 in 5K
Full Name: Miranda Rhea Haas
Birthdate: June 18, 1994
Parents: Matthew and Charise Haas
Siblings: Madison and McKenna
Top Three Reasons for Choosing Oakland:
1. The coaching staff
2. Smaller class sizes and the campus
3. Proximity to home
|Personal Bests (Indoor)|
|Mile||5:31.50 (EMU Triangular - Jan. 23, 2016)|
|3000m||9:50.97 (SVSU Jets Pizza Invite - Jan. 30, 2016)|
|Personal Bests (Outdoor)|
|1500m||4:58.20 (Toledo Invitational - May 2, 2013)|
|5000m||18:13.75 (Al Owens Classic - April 18-19, 2014)|
|2000m Steeplechase||7:14.03 (Detroit Duals - April 4, 2015)|
|3000m Steeplechase||10:57.37 (Golden Grizzly Duals - April 11, 2015)|