Both the men’s and women’s team, plus four individuals received accolades
Competition begins Thursday, May 25 through Saturday, May 27 in Lexington, Ky. on ESPN3
Andrew Bowman garners All-Academic individual accolades
Competition begins Thursday, May 26 through Saturday, May 28 in Jacksonville, Fla.
Golden Grizzlies compete on Friday, May 6 through Sunday, May 8
5-3-15 Final day of the HL Outdoor Championships
5-2-15 Second day of competition at the HL Outdoor Championships
4-11-15 Golden Grizzly Duals held at Oakland Track & Field Stadium.
Oakland Track & Field vs UDM in first ever meet at the new Track & Field Stadium
To see Serena's complete profile, go to her Soccer profile
Track and Field
▪ Ran second fastest 100m hurdles time (13.73) to finish 40th at the 2015 NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships East Preliminaries (May 29).
▪ Qualified for the 2015 NCAA Outdoor East Preliminary by breaking the 100m hurdles school record (13.55) at the Hillsdale Last Chance Classic (May 7) becoming the first in program history to qualify for this event.
▪ Repeated as 100m hurdles champion (14.04), finished third with PR in the 200m (25.26) and ran first leg of 4X100 relay team that finished third (46.49) at the 2015 Horizon League Outdoor Championships (May 3).
▪ Claimed 100m hurdles title (14.23) and 200m title (26.24) at the Detroit Dual (April 4).
▪ Won 100m hurdles (14.06) at Golden Grizzly Duals (April 11).
▪ Finished second in 100m hurdles (14.08) at Gibson Invitational (April 17).
▪ 2015 Spring Academic All-League Selection.
▪ 2014 Fall and 2015 Spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection.
▪ Ran a 60m PR (8.06) and placed fourth at the Jack Skoog Dual (Jan. 16).
▪ Repeated as first 60m hurdle champion with a season-best time of 8.66 at the Horizon League Indoor Championships (March 1).
▪ Was a member of the third place 4x400m relay team and placed sixth at the Horizon League Indoor Championships.
▪ Placed first in the 60m hurdles at the Eastern Michigan Holiday Classic (Dec. 5) and Jack Skoog Dual (Jan. 16) and placed second at the Youngstown State National Invite (Feb. 7).
▪ Was named Academic All-Horizon League
▪ Was the event champion in the 100H at the Horizon League Championships with a time of 14.54 (May 2-4)
▪ Career-best for 100H was 14.35 in the preliminary rounds of the league championship meet
▪ Ran a personal-best in the 400H at the league meet as well finishing in 1:01.64 to earn a fourth-place finish and rank second-best in Oakland history
▪ Every race she competed in resulted in a top-five finish (15 results)
▪ Became the first female event champion for Oakland at a league championship meet in the 60h with a time of 8.72 (March 1-2)
▪ Recorded a season-best time of 26.57 in the 200m at the Triangular Meet with Eastern Michigan and Detroit (Jan. 10)
▪ Achieved a personal-best 8.12 in the 60m at the Triangular meet
▪ Earned a fifth place finish with the 4x400 relay team at the YSU National Invitational with a mark of 3:59.82 (Feb. 7-8)
▪ Earned five top three finishes in 60m hurdles and three top four finishes in 200m dash
▪ Finished third The Summit League Championship in 60m dash with season-best 8.56 (Feb. 24)
▪ Ran season-best 26.29 in 200m dash at YSU National Invitational (Feb. 1)
▪ Set the school-record in the 100-meter hurdles and finished fifth with a time of 14.42 at The Summit League Championships (May 10)
▪ Won the 100-meter hurdles at the UDM-Oakland Dual Meet (April 7) and the IWU Pre-Conference Meet (April 21)
▪ Finished third in the 200-meter dash at the UDM-Oakland Dual Meet (April 7)
▪ Earned eight top-eight finishes on the year
▪ Won the 60-meter hurdles at the IPFW Quadrangular (Jan. 28)
▪ Finished fourth in the 60-meter dash at the IPFW Quadrangular Meet (Jan. 28)
▪ Ran season-best 8.98 in the 60-meter hurdles at the Summit League Championships
|Personal Bests (Indoor)|
|60m||8.12 (Triangular Meet (EMU, Detroit, OU) - Jan. 10, 2014)|
|200m||26.29 (YSU National Invitational - Feb. 1-2, 2013)|
|60H||8.56 (Summit League Championship - Feb. 24-25, 2013)|
|* denotes school record|
|Personal Bests (Outdoor)|
|200m||25.26 (Horizon League Outdoor Championships - May 3, 2015)|
|100H||13.55* (Hillsdale Last Chance Classic - May 7, 2015)|
|400H||1:01.64 (Horizon League Championship - May 2-4, 2014)|
|* denotes school record|