Both men's and women's teams compete Saturday, Feb. 24 and Sunday, Feb. 25
Golden Grizzlies deliver nine first place finishes
Men's and women's team finish runner up with 203 points and 157 respectively
Dana Tessmer placed first in pole vault and broke her own school record with a mark of 12 ft., 1.5 in.
The meet will begin Friday at 3 p.m. with the women's heptathlon and resume Saturday at 10:30 a.m. with field events
5-6-17 Horizon League Outdoor Championships - Day 3 Photos by Trevor Parks - YSU SID
2017 Horizon League Indoor Championships - Day 2 Photos by Jose Juarez
4-16-16 #OaklandTF Golden Grizzly Invite Photos by Jose Juarez
5-2-15 Second day of competition at the HL Outdoor Championships
▪ Member of the 4x400 relay team that placed first and set a new school record (3:52.28) at the Horizon League Indoor Championships (Feb. 25-26)
▪ Member of the 4x400 relay team that placed first (3:54.35) at the YSU National Invite (Feb. 4)
▪ Member of the 4x400 relay team that placed first (4:10.40) at the Jack Skoog Open (Jan. 13)
▪ Placed third for 200M (26.61) at the Jack Skoog Open (Jan. 13)
▪ Member of the 4x100 relay team that placed second (48.77) at Oakland vs. Detroit (April 8)
▪ Member of the 4x100 relay team that placed third (48.14) at the Oakland University Golden Grizzly Invite (April 14-15)
▪ Member of the 4x400 relay team that placed first (3:53.49) at the Oakland University Golden Grizzly Invite (April 14-15)
▪ Placed second and set PR for 200M (24.88) at the Oakland University Golden Grizzly Invite (April 14-15)
▪ Placed third for 200M (25.38) at the Horizon League Outdoor Track & Field Championship (May 5-7)
▪ Took third in the 400-meter dash at the Horizon League Championships with a time of 56.40
▪ Helped the 4x400 relay team take runner-up at the Horizon League Championships and a school record with a time of 3:49.82
▪ Helped the 4x100 relay team take runner-up at the Horizon League Championships and a school record with a time of 46.38
Owned the top time in the 400 dash going 56.19 at the Vanderbilt Black & Gold Invitational
▪ Placed second in the 400m with a team-best time of 57.16 at the 2016 Horizon League Indoor Championships helping Oakland win the first title in program history, also ran anchor leg 4x400 relay team finished fourth with a time of 3:56.44
▪ Ran second leg of 4x400 relay team that finished second with a time of school record 3:53.36 at the Youngstown State National Invite
▪ Placed second in 400m setting school record (55.53) at the 2015 Horizon League Outdoor Championships (May 1).
▪ Finished first in 400m (56.14) at the Toledo Invitational (May 8).
▪ Claimed 400m title (58.77) at the Detroit Dual (April 4).
▪ Recorded a second place finish in the 400m dash at the Golden Grizzly Duals (April 11).
▪ Ran 200m PR (26.41) at the Youngstown State National Invite (Feb. 7).
▪ Placed first in the 400m at the Jack Skoog Dual (Jan. 16) and second in the 200mat the IPFW Duals (Jan. 23).
▪ Was a member of the third place 4x400m relay and placed sixth in the 400m at the Horizon League Indoor Championships (March 1).
▪ Broke the Oakland record for the 400m dash at the Horizon League Championships in the preliminary rounds with a time of 58.56 (May 2-4)
▪ Went on to break the record again the next day in the finals with a time of 58.45 for a sixth-place finish
▪ Recorded a personal-best time in the 200m with a mark of 26.55 at the 48th Annual Gina Relays (Apr. 24-26)
▪ Member of the fourth-place 4x400 relay team at the Al Owens Classic, finishing in 4:06.50
▪ Three-year letterwinner in Track and Field
▪ Member of 2013 4x200m and 4x400m all state teams
Top Athletic Performance
▪ Personal best: 400m run: 59.4
Full Name: Sydney Sheree Sterling
Birthdate: Dec. 4, 1994
Parents: Thomas and Angela Sterling
Top Three Reasons for Choosing Oakland:
1. Scholarship opportunities
2. Opportunity to participate in Division I athletics
3. Proximity to home
|Personal Bests (Indoor)|
|200m||25.86 (YSU National Invite - Feb. 5, 2016)|
|4x400 Relay||3:52.25* (Horizon League Indoor Track & Field Championships - Feb. 25, 2017)|
|Personal Bests (Outdoor)|
|400m||55.53* (Horizon League Outdoor Championships - May 1, 2015)|
|* denotes school record|