ROCHESTER, Mich. – The Oakland men’s and women’s track and field teams will head to Central Michigan on Friday, Jan. 12 to compete in the Jack Skoog Open. Field events begin at 2:30 p.m. followed by track events at 5 p.m.
▪ Oakland will be competing against CMU, Alma College, Davenport University and Detroit Mercy
▪ Last week the women’s team competed at the Western Michigan Ice Breaker in Kalamazoo, Mich. Kendell Jefferson (7.66) won the 60m, Chanel Gardner placed first in the 200m (26.02) and third in the 400m (58.65).
▪ The Golden Grizzlies also had second places finishes by Angela Ciaravino (60m hurdles-9.28 and high jump-5 ft., 3 in.), Madison Leigh (1 Mile-5:15.80), Alana Koepf (3000m-10:25.33) and Mary Moore (Weight Throw-48 ft., 10 in.).
▪ At the Jack Skoog Open last season, Brandon Davis broke a then indoor long jump school record that had stood for seven years with a mark of 23 ft., 6.25 in. to tab one of eight first place finishes by the men’s team who finished first with 68 points.
▪ Brandon Davis placed second in the long jump (22 ft., 5 in) and triple jump (44 ft. 2 in.), Kendell Jefferson also took second in the 60m (7.64) and third in the 200m (25.22) while Dana Tessmer placed third in the pole vault (10 ft. 11.5 in).