Raleigh Relays Live Stats | ESPN3 Friday | ESPN3 Saturday | Tennessee Rust Buster Schedule of Events
ROCHESTER, Mich. - Oakland’s track and field teams will open the 2017 outdoor season on the road this weekend at the Raleigh Relays at North Carolina State on March 24 and 25 and the Tennessee Rust Buster at the University of Tennessee on March 25.
2016 Outdoor season highlights
• The Golden Grizzlies opened last year’s outdoor season at the Raleigh Relays and the Black and Gold Invite at Vanderbilt University. Bryce Stroede finished 14th out of 101 runners and broke the 5000m school record at the Raleigh Relays in 2016 and Nicholas Girodat placed first in both the 100m and 200m at the Black and Gold Invite.
• Both the men’s and women’s teams placed third in the 2016 outdoor championships.
• Aaron Davis was named Most Outstanding Performer at the Horizon League Championships last season after winning the 100m and repeating as the 200m champion. Corey Goodloe was awarded Freshman of the Year after finishing third in the 400m and leading the 4x100 and 4x400 relay teams to third and fifth place finishes, respectively.
• Including Davis in the 100m and 200m, Oakland claimed 11 individual titles at the outdoor league championships: Stroede (5000m, 10,000m), Ashley Burr (5000m), Chris Scott (800m), Lydia Stanley (800m), Andrew Bowman (3000m steeplechase), Kailey Weingartz (3000m steeplechase), Meghan Daly (javelin) and Sammy Mondry (10,000m).
• Four student-athletes qualified for last year’s NCAA East Preliminary Meet - Girodat, Gino Vitella, Stroede and Bowman.
• Girodat, Kendell Jefferson and Burr each received Horizon League runner of the week honors.
• Oakland tabbed 13 school recording breaking performances during last year’s outdoor season.