ROCHESTER, Mich. – The Oakland track and field team continues the outdoor season traveling to a pair of meets as a split-squad to the Jessie Owens Classic and Virginia Challenge held on Friday and Saturday, April 22-23.
The main group of student-athletes will travel to Columbus, Ohio for the Classic held at Jessie Owen Memorial Stadium while Bryce Stroede will be running the 5000m with George O’Connor and Andrew Bowman competing in the 3000m steeplechase at Lannigan Field in Charloetteville, Va.
▪ Stroede’s 5000m time of 14:03.61 and 1500m time 0f 3:46.13 rank 23rd and 35 nationally in the 2016 NCAA East Region Outdoor Qualifying List
▪ Bowman’s 3000m steeple chase time of 9:15.01 also ranks 49th
▪ O’Connor set a personal best 3000m steeple chase time of 9:10.74 at the Raleigh Relays.
Last time out, Golden Grizzly Invite Highlights:
▪ Stroede won the 1500m with a school record time of 3:46.13
▪ Nicholas Girodat claimed the 100m title rolling past his previous school mark with a time of 10:41 which ranks 28th in the 2016 NCAA East Region Outdoor Qualifying List
▪ Corey Goodloe won the 400m with a school record time of 47.59
▪ The 4x100 relay team of Nicole Martinbianco, Kendell Jefferson, Sydney Sterling, Kynihay Brown broke their own mark set earlier this season with a time of 46.38.
▪ Jacob Bowman won the 5000m at 14:56.87 with Connor Wuori finishing second at 15:13.17
▪ Kailey Weingartz captured the 3000m steeplechase title with a time of 11:08.40
▪ Rachel Levy won the 5000m running unattached at 16:55.84 followed by Mirada Haas in second at 17:25.47 also running unattached.
▪ Sammy Mondry (17:48.28) and Alena Koepf (18:01.25) finished third and fourth respectively in the 5000m
▪ Nadia Lengel (29 ft., 10.6 in.) placed second in the shot put while Natalie Stone (33 ft., 8.7 in.) also finished second in the triple jump