Men's and Women's cross country teams each win Horizon League title, boast nine All-Conference selections and seven first-place finishes
For the sixth consecutive semester, Oakland led the Horizon League with 126 student-athletes meeting Honor Roll criteria.
For the fifth consecutive semester, Oakland led the Horizon League with 123 student-athletes meeting Honor Roll criteria.
Men's 8K begins at 10:45 a.m. followed by women's 5K at 11:30 a.m.
Morgan Bridgewater wins 5K race with Lauren Zens finishing second
▪ Competed in five races
▪ Won the Glen Oaks CC Invite (Sept. 25) with 5K time of 20:40.0
▪ Finished second at the Golden Grizzly Open (Sept. 4) with a time of 16:23.0 (4K)
▪ Placed 39th in the Horizon League Championship helping the Golden Grizzlies capture the first Horizon League title in porgram history
▪ 2015 fall and 2016 spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection
▪ Did not compete
▪ Competed in seven races overall.
▪ Improved upon last season's performance with an eighth-place finish at the Golden Grizzly Open (Aug. 30) with a 4K time of 15:48.9.
▪ Ran a career-best 19:11.1 5K at the Notre Dame Invite (Oct. 5).
▪ Best 6K time of the season was a 22:59 at the NCAA Great Lakes Regional event.
▪ Ran in four races
▪ Finished 21st overall at the Golden Grizzly Open with a 4K time of 16:24.3 (Aug. 31)
▪ Finished 31st overall at the IPFW Invitational (Sept. 8)
▪ Ran season-best 19:54 in 5K at the Loyola Invitational (Sept. 29)
Bridgewater's Career Bests
3K: 11:37 (2015)
4K: 15:48.9 (2013)
5K: 19:11.1 (2013)
6K: 22:59 (2013)
▪ Ran four years for coach John Kababik
▪ Two-time all-state selection her final two season
▪ Ran for Division championship team in 2008
▪ Named team's MVP her final three years
▪ Career-best in the 5K was 18:13
▪ Honor Roll student
Top Athletic Performance
▪ Finishing 18th at state finals and breaking school record
Full Name: Morgan Marie Bridgewater
Birthdate: July 12, 1994
Parents: Brent and Diane Bridgewater
Siblings: Jordan, Zachary and Clare
Top Three Reason for Choosing Oakland:
1. The size of the campus
2. The location
3. Felt it was the right school