Oakland's Brittni Hutton and George O'Connor were the top collegiate finishers.
▪ Earned second team all-league honors in Oakland's first season in the Horizon League.
▪ Was named runner of the week on Sept. 3.
▪ Won the Golden Grizzly Open on Aug. 30 in a time of 15:50.2 (5K).
▪ Had four top-ten finishes throughout the 2013 campaign including the Golden Grizzly Open, the Detroit Titan Invite on Sept. 7 (21:16.66, four mile), the Western Invitational on Sept. 21 (25:45, 8K) and the Horizon League Championship on Nov. 2 (26:20.43, 8K).
▪ Ran a season-best 25:32 in the Bradley "Pink" Classic on Oct. 19 (8K).
▪ Finished top three on the team in five races
▪ Ran season-best 26:05 in the 8K at the Bradley Classic (Oct. 12)
▪ Finished second at the IPFW Invitational with a time of 27:33.67 (Sept. 8)
▪ Earned fourth-place finish at the Golden Grizzly Open with a time of 19:35.2 (Aug. 31)
Cox's Career Bests Four Mile: 21:16.66 (2013) Five Mile: 26:43.2 (2013) 5K: 15:50.2 (2013) 6K: 19:35.2 (2012) 8K: 25:32 (2013) 10K: 33:21 (2013)
▪ All-state, All-conference and All-region for cross country in final season
▪ Two-time All-County selection
▪ Competed in Cross Country Meet of Champions
▪ All-state in indoor track during senior year
▪ National Honor Society member
▪ Graduated Summa Cum Laude
Top Athletic Performance
▪ Earning All-State honors running a 15:57
Personal Full Name: Michael D. Cox Birthdate: Aug. 17, 1994 Parents: Donald and Sharon Cox Siblings: Colleen and Sarah
Top Three Reasons for Choosing Oakland
1. Great academic programs
2. Athletic opportunities
3. Proximity to home