Men's and Women's cross country teams each win Horizon League title, boast nine All-Conference selections and seven first-place finishes
For the sixth consecutive semester, Oakland led the Horizon League with 126 student-athletes meeting Honor Roll criteria.
For the fifth consecutive semester, Oakland led the Horizon League with 123 student-athletes meeting Honor Roll criteria.
Women's 6K begins at 1 p.m. ET with the men's 10K to follow at 2 p.m. ET
Men dethrone UDM to claim first title since 2005 while women win first title since 2012
Highlights from the men's race of the Golden Grizzly Open
▪ Finished 12th in the 4K at the Golden Grizzly Short Course dual meet against Central Michigan (Oct. 7) with a time of 12:47
▪ Placed 23rd in the 8K (26:51.0) at the Horizon League Championships (Oct. 29)
▪ Finished sixth at the Golden Grizzly SC Dual vs CMU (Oct. 9) with an 4K time of 12:28
▪ Set a personal-best 8K record of 25:04.1 at the Bradley Pink Classic (Oct. 16)
▪ Finished 13th at the Horizon League Championship to earn a spot on the All-Horizon League Second-Team
▪ Helped the Golden Grizzlies win the Horizon League Championship (Oct. 31)
▪ Set a personal record in the 10K with a time of 32:32.80 at the NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 13)
▪ Did not compete
▪ Earned second team all-league honors in Oakland's first season in the Horizon League.
▪ Was named runner of the week on Sept. 3.
▪ Won the Golden Grizzly Open on Aug. 30 in a time of 15:50.2 (5K).
▪ Had four top-ten finishes throughout the 2013 campaign including the Golden Grizzly Open, the Detroit Titan Invite on Sept. 7 (21:16.66, four mile), the Western Invitational on Sept. 21 (25:45, 8K) and the Horizon League Championship on Nov. 2 (26:20.43, 8K).
▪ Ran a season-best 25:32 in the Bradley "Pink" Classic on Oct. 19 (8K).
▪ Finished top three on the team in five races
▪ Ran season-best 26:05 in the 8K at the Bradley Classic (Oct. 12)
▪ Finished second at the IPFW Invitational with a time of 27:33.67 (Sept. 8)
▪ Earned fourth-place finish at the Golden Grizzly Open with a time of 19:35.2 (Aug. 31)
Cox's Career Bests
Four Mile: 21:05.33 (2015)
Five Mile: 26:43.2 (2013)
4K: 12:28 (2015)
5K: 15:50.2 (2013)
6K: 19:35.2 (2012)
8K: 25:04.1 (2015)
10K: 32:32.8 (2015)
▪ All-state, All-conference and All-region for cross country in final season
▪ Two-time All-County selection
▪ Competed in Cross Country Meet of Champions
▪ All-state in indoor track during senior year
▪ National Honor Society member
▪ Graduated Summa Cum Laude
Top Athletic Performance
▪ Earning All-State honors running a 15:57
Full Name: Michael D. Cox
Birthdate: Aug. 17, 1994
Parents: Donald and Sharon Cox
Siblings: Colleen and Sarah
Top Three Reasons for Choosing Oakland
1. Great academic programs
2. Athletic opportunities
3. Proximity to home