Bryce Stroede places second in 5-mile race, Rachel Levy places seventh in 5K
The redshirt senior hopes to lead team to sweep of cross country, indoor and outdoor team titles.
Stroede wins 6K, Levy captures 4K crown
Men's and Women's cross country teams each win Horizon League title, boast nine All-Conference selections and seven first-place finishes
For the sixth consecutive semester, Oakland led the Horizon League with 126 student-athletes meeting Honor Roll criteria.
2016 Golden Grizzly Open - Photo Credit: Jose Juarez
10-9-15 Golden Grizzly Short Course CMU Dual
15 Annual Golden Grizzly Open
The Oakland men's and women's cross country teams competed at the Spartan Invitational in East Lansing, Mich. on Friday
Oakland's Brittni Hutton and George O'Connor were the top collegiate finishers.
▪ Earned All-Horizon League First-Team honors after placing fifth at the Horizon League Championship (Oct. 31)
▪ Finished first at the Golden Grizzly Open (Sept. 4) with a personal-best 4K time of 14:53.9
▪ Set a personal 5K record of 18:06.19 at the Greater Louisville Classic (Oct. 3)
▪ Placed second at the Golden Grizzly SC Dual vs CMU (Oct. 9)
▪ Ran a 21:09.8 (6K) Bradley Pink Classic (Oct. 17), setting another personal record
▪ Helped the Golden Grizzlies capture the Horizon League title
▪ Placed 78th at the NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 13)
▪ 2015 Horizon League Fall Academic All-League Team selection
▪ Did not compete
▪ Ran in six races for the season.
▪ Ran a season-best 5K time of 19:06 at the Western Invitational (Set. 21).
▪ Finished sixth overall at the Golden Grizzly Open (Aug. 30) with a 4K time of 15:46.3.
▪ Added a top-25 finish at the Western Invitational (Sept. 21) with a 19:06 5K performance.
▪ Finished top four on the team in six of the seven races she competed in
▪ Earned seventh-place finish at the Golden Grizzly Open with a 4K time of 15:27.1 (Aug. 31)
▪ Ran third on the team with a season-best 6K time of 22:45 at the Bradley Classic (Oct. 12)
▪ Finished 35th overall at The Summit League Championships (Oct. 27)
Haas' Career Bests
3K: 10:31 (2015)
4K: 14:53.9 (2015)
5K: 18:06.19 (2015)
6K: 21:09.8 (2015)
▪ Four-year letterwinner for coach Tom Carney
▪ Member of conference and regional cross country championship teams in 2009 and 2010
▪ Named All-county first team in 2011 and All-region in final two seasons
▪ All-state selection in track in 2009
▪ All-region and All-county in track during senior campaign
▪ Career-best in high school as 18:55 for 5K
▪ Ranked second in her graduating class
▪ Member of National Honor Society
Top Athletic Performance
▪ Running personal best 18:55 in 5K
Full Name: Miranda Rhea Haas
Birthdate: June 18, 1994
Parents: Matthew and Charise Haas
Siblings: Madison and McKenna
Top Three Reasons for Choosing Oakland:
1. The coaching staff
2. Smaller class sizes and the campus
3. Proximity to home