ROCHESTER, Mich. – The Oakland men’s and women’s cross country teams will compete at the 29th Annual Running Fit-Detroit Titan Invitational on Saturday, Sept. 12. The meet will be held at Cass Benton Park in Northville, Mich. The women's 5K begins at 11:15 a.m. while the men's 4-mile begins at 11:45 a.m.
▪ Jacob Bowman claimed the men's 6K title with a personal best time of 19:12:7 at the 15th Annual Golden Grizzly Open earning Horizon League Runner of the Week honors. Andrew Bowman finished second (19:22.8) followed by Bryce Stroede in third (19:26.1).
▪ Miranda Haas won the women's 4K with a personal best time of 14:53.9 with Lydia Stanley placing second (15:02.9) and Sammy Mondry in third (15:06.9).
▪ The men's team took first over the University of Detroit Mercy 15-72 with runners claiming the top six spots and nine finishing in the top-10 overall.
▪ The women’s team also won over UDM 15-65 with runners claiming the top eight places with nine finishing in the top-10 overall.
▪ Alex West and Chris Scott were Oakland’s top men’s finishers at last season’s Running Fit-Detroit Titan Invitational while Abby Bringard and Kaitlin Catania where the top finishers on the women’s side.