ROCHESTER, Mich. – The Oakland men’s and women’s cross country teams will compete at the Greater Louisville Classic on Saturday, Oct. 3. The meet will be held at E.P. “Tom” Sawyer State Park in Louisville, Ky. The men's 8K begins at 10:45 a.m. while the women's 5K begins at 11:30 a.m.
▪ This the first competition for both teams since the 29th Annual Running-Fit Detroit Titan Cross Country Invitational (Sept. 12) in which they each finished third.
▪ At the Titan Invite, Tyler Delange set a personal best in the four-mile with a time of 21:04.6 to finish seventh followed by Michael Cox (21:05.3) in eighth and Brad Mallory (21:05.3) in 11th.
▪ Kaitlin Catania tallied a fifth-place finish with a time of 18:59.7 in the 5K followed by Cassandra Peterson (19:19.9) in 10th and Jessica Stroede (19:27.5) in 27th.
▪ Last week, Morgan Bridgewater won the women's 5K with a time of 20:40 followed by Lauren Zens in second at 20:56 at the Glen Oaks Community College Viking Invitation (Sept. 25). Nicole Werthmann finished 10th (22:23).
▪ On the men’s side, Chris Scott (29:18) and Matt Degraeve (29:47) placed fourth and seventh respectively in the men's 8K.