Ways to GiveThe Golden Grizzlies Athletic Fund is the best way to impact more than 320 student-athletes, representing 18 sports. Donations to the GGAF go directly to support our student-athletes by providing them the necessary resources to be successful in their academic and athletic pursuits.
- You may establish an approved payment plan by working with a member of our staff. Payment is due in full by June 30 (fiscal year end).
- Our most popular form of giving is an annual contribution. Join the Golden Grizzlies Athletic Fund as an individual or business. Contributions can be made in the form of cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express). You may give via our online gift form, phone, in person, or via mail.
- Increase your gift to the Golden Grizzlies Athletic Fund through company matching gift funds. Many companies and corporations provide matching gift programs for employee contributions, click here to search for your company. Please also consult with your employer's benefits office for more information and to see how you can make your gift to the GGAF work twice as hard for Oakland University Athletics.
- Donors have the ability to make a charitable gift to the Golden Grizzlies Athletic Fund through an electronic transfer of stock or via the actual stock certificate. Please contact our office directly with additional questions.
- In lieu of monetary donations, the Golden Grizzlies Athletic Fund can accept certain gifts and services. These types of contributions allow the GGAF to offset expenses. Donors receive credit for donations. Gifts-in-kind must be approved by Padraic McMeel, Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Affairs.
- Ensure your legacy through Oakland University Athletics with an endowed scholarship. The interest from your major gift will be utilized to provide support for student-athletes from inception to the future.
- Planned and deferred gifts allow for more flexibility and tax-saving options. Insurance policies, annuities, wills, and trusts allow you to leave a legacy to Oakland University Athletics.
- Donations to the Golden Grizzlies Athletic Fund may be tax-deductible in full or in part. Donors will be issued a receipt for the charitable contribution received after each gift. We also encourage you to consult with your tax advisor.
"If you make a payment to, or for the benefit of, a college or university and, as a result, you receive the right to buy tickets to an athletic event in the athletic stadium of the college or university, you can deduct 80% of the payment as a charitable contribution.
If any part of your payment is for tickets (rather than the right to buy tickets), that part is not deductible. Subtract the price of the tickets from your payment. You can deduct 80% of the remaining amount as a charitable contribution."
Source: IRS Publication 526 "Charitable Contributions" (Rev. 2013), page 3 IRS Form
- Waiver of Benefits
- To receive a 100 percent tax deduction, donors have the option towaive all Golden Grizzlies Athletic Fund benefits. To do so, the GGAF must be notified of this intent in writing at the time the gift is made.