Women's swimming and diving won the Team Academic Achievement award for the second straight year.
The Golden Grizzlies led the league for a fourth consecutive semester
The Golden Grizzlies eneter the tournament as the No. 2 seed.
Nolan Jacoby was 4-for-4 and the Golden Grizzlies wrapped up a second place Summit League finish.
The series will open on Thursday at 3 p.m. with senior festivities on Saturday.
The Oakland baseball team earned a walk-off victory against Southern Utah on Senior Day at the OU Baseball Field
The Oakland University baseball team lost 6-3 to Rochester College in the team's home opener on Friday, April 1, 2011.
▪ Made 16 appearances and two starts
▪ Finished 2-2 on the mound, after throwing 33.2 total innings
▪ Pitched Oakland to wins over Bowling Green State (Apr. 6) and Michigan State (Apr. 12)
▪ Threw a season-high 5.1 innings against Michigan State (Apr. 12)
▪ Picked up one save during the season against Centenary (May 20)
▪ Had 20 strikeouts against 20 walks during the season
▪ Had a season-high four strikeouts in two games, against Michigan State (APr. 12) and South Dakota State
▪ Did not allow an earned run in eight of his 16 appearances during the year
Prior to Oakland:
▪ Pitched for two seasons at Neosho County Community College
▪ Posted a 5-2 record, including three complete games as a sophomore at NCCC
▪ Struck out 31 batters in the 2010 season posting a 4.17 ERA
▪ Played with the Weyborn Beavers in the Canadian Major Baseball conference
▪ Was named the 2010 Male Student Athlete of the Year at NCCC
▪ Was a four year letter-winner at Buena Vista High School as a catcher and pitcher
▪ Earned All-State of Colorado honors as a senior
Top Athletic Performance:
▪ Pitched a shutout against the three-time defending league champion, Okatoks Dawgs while playing for Weyburn. It was the first win for Weyburn over Okatoks in 15 years.
Full Name: Brandon Michael Adamek
Birthdate: April 13, 1990
Parents: Dennis and Corrina Adamek
▪ His father Dennis was a professional street biker
Siblings: Ethan and Dannica Adamek
Top Three Reasons for Choosing Oakland:
1. The opportunity to play Division I baseball
2. To receive a good education
3. To experience the state of Michigan
Major at Oakland: