Oakland beat Oral Roberts 6-4 to get a win on Senior Day at the OU Baseball Field on April 8, 2011.
▪ Set the Oakland school record with 76 career appearances
▪ Made a team-high 18 appearances during the season, throwing 24.2 innings
▪ Had a 4.38 ERA, which ranked lowest on the team
▪ Posted a 3-1 record and earned one save
▪ Earned a save against Michigan State (Apr. 12)
▪ Earned wins over Western Michigan (May 3), Toledo (May 10) and Central Michigan (May 17)
▪ Had a season-high four strikeouts twice, against Michigan State (Apr. 12) and Toledo (May 10)
▪ Threw a season-high four innings in win over Toledo (May 10)
▪ Held opponents scoreless in 10 outings during the season
▪ Earned a place on the Summit League All-Academic Team
▪Led the team in appearances with 25, third best in school history
▪ Was 1-2 with one save and a 9.32 earned run average in 28 innings
▪ Gave up 36 hits, 30 runs, 29 earned while walking 18 with 23 strikeouts
▪ Surrendered one hit and struck out one batter to get the decision in a 2-1 win over Xavier (3/20)
▪ Recorded the first save of his career against Western Illinois (5/1)
▪ Played in 23 games, drawing one start
▪ Posted a 1-2 record with a 6.91 ERA
▪ Went 1.2 scoreless innings against Dallas Baptist (5/6)
▪ Tossed two scoreless innings against Eastern Michigan (3/15)
▪ Pitched a scoreless inning in relief against Concordia (3/27)
▪ Combined for 2.1 scoreless innings in relief in a doubleheader against Western Illinois (4/5)
▪ Tossed scoreless innings in back-to-back appearances against IPFW (4/19) and Southern Utah (4/24)
▪ Picked up the win in relief against Oral Roberts (5/8)
▪ Finished the season with a pair of solid relief appearances against Centenary, going 1.0 scoreless innings (5/14) and 1.2 scoreless innings (5/16).
2007: Saw action in 10 games in relief ... posted a 1-0 record with a 9.20 ERA ... allowed 16 hits and 19 runs, 15 earned, while fanning eight and walking 13 ... picked up his lone win of the season at Eastern Michigan, tossing three innings of one-hit relief (5/8).
Holland Christian High School: Earned three letters for coach Mike Ott ... served as team captain his senior year ... two-time All-Area and All-District ... All-Region and All-State as a senior ... played in the all star game at Comerica Park for the West team ... named the Holland Sentinel Baseball Player of the Year ... helped the Maroons to an eighth place ranking junior year and a third place ranking senior year ... team finished fifth in at state senior year ... batted .350 with eight home runs, four doubles, two triples and 41 RBI while posting a 10-3 record and a 1.31 ERA on the mound as a senior ... played summer ball for the Grand Rapids Diamonds for coach Billy Peterson ... helped the Diamonds to a 38-11 record.
Personal: Born Jacob Arendsen on January 1, 1988 in Zeeland, Michigan ... son of Loren and Jan Arendsen ... sister Laura is in her senior year at Trinity Christian College in Illinois (NAIA), earning All-American status in softball as a sophomore ... hobbies are hunting and fishing ... favorite TV show is the Fresh Prince of Bel Air ... if he could be a cartoon character he'd be Marvin the Martian ... if he could go anywhere in the world, he'd go hunting in Canada ... Arendsen is majoring in sociology.