May 18, 2013
Golden Grizzlies earn No. 2 seed in The Summit League Baseball Championship.
Robby Enslen drove in the game-winning run.
The Golden Grizzlies mercied the Mastodons in game two, 11-1 in 8 innings.
LHP Jason Hager tossed a complete-game shutout in the nightcap.
The Golden Grizzlies fell to the Jackrabbits in an elimination game.
Golden Grizzlies complete the four-game sweep.
Golden Grizzlies upend Leathernecks 2-1.
Golden Grizzlies trounced the Mastodons, 11-1, in 8 innings.
The Oakland baseball team took on Omaha in the first game of a Summit League doubleheader at the OU Baseball Field.
▪ Led Oakland with a .495 slugging percentage and was third on the team with a .303 batting average
▪ Started 53 games at third base or designated hitter for Oakland
▪ His six home runs were second most on the team
▪ Had two home runs in one game and drove in seven runs against Olivet
▪ Drove in a team-best 46 runs and scored 32
▪ Had a pair of four-hit games against Olivet (4-4) and Western Illinois (4-5)
▪ Was second on the team with a .406 on-base percentage
▪ Finished the season with a .329 batting average, which ranked third on the team
▪ Led Oakland with a .503 sluggin percentage for the season
▪ Led the OU team with six home runs
▪ Played and started in 48 games during the season
▪ Went 57-for-173 at the playe, including 18 extra-base hits
▪ His 12 doubles weret the second-most on the team
▪ Went a season-best 3-for-4 against Toledo (Mar. 30), South Dakota State (Apr. 29) and Centenary (May 20)
▪ Drove in a career-high six runs and scored twice against Centenary (May 20)
▪ Was named Summit League Player of the Week May 2
▪ Hit .600 in the series against SDSU, recording at least two hits in each game
▪ Was 3-for-4 with two home runs in the series opener against SDSU (Apr. 29)
▪ Finished the season 2-for-3 on the bases
▪ Had a .424 on-base percentage
▪ Saw action in 44 games drawing 42 starts
▪ Had 12 doubles with a team leading eight home runs, scored 26 runs, drove in 21 runs while batting .266
▪ Went 2-for-2, scored three runs, drove in three runs and hit two home runs vs. Western Illinois (5/1)
▪ Drove in the game winning runs against Memphis (3/15) and Concordia (4/12)
▪ Selected to the Summit-League All-Academic team.
Lapeer East High School: Lettered for coach Larry Grumley ... also played one year of football ... two-time team MVP ... three-time County Press Player of the Year ... a four-time all-league, all-district selection ... two-time all-region and all-state selection ... named Flint Area Mr. Baseball and Best Hitter, ranked the top prospect in the Flint area ... ranked as the 15th-best prospect in the state of Michigan ... played in the East/West All-Star Game at Comerica Park ... holds every school record with the exception of stolen bases ... graduated with high honors.
Personal: Michael George Carson was born December 18, 1990 in Rochester, Michigan ... the son of George and Cheryl Carson ... has one brother, Chad ... Carson is majoring in physical therapy.