Jake Morton was 2-for-5 for the Golden Grizzlies.
Tim Ryan was a first team honoree, while Jake Morton and Jeff Gorecki claimed second team honors.
The Golden Grizzlies eneter the tournament as the No. 2 seed.
Nolan Jacoby was 4-for-4 and the Golden Grizzlies wrapped up a second place Summit League finish.
Tim Ryan became the all-time stolen base leader at Oakland.
Photos from The Summit League Baseball Banquet.
The Oakland baseball team earned a walk-off victory against Southern Utah on Senior Day at the OU Baseball Field
The Oakland baseball team took on Southern Utah in the series opener on Thursday at the OU Baseball Field.
Oakland beat Western Illinois 3-2 with a furious rally in the bottom of the ninth at the OU Baseball Field.
Oakland swept a doubleheader over Nebraska-Omaha on Saturday, Apr. 21, 2012.
▪ Led Oakland with three saves during the year
▪ Played in 18 games, making 16 appearances on the mound, including one start
▪ Ended the year with a 1-3 record and a 4.57 ERA
▪ Earned his only win of the season against Centenary (May 19)
▪ Allowed just two earned runs over six innings of work against Michigan State (Apr. 12)
▪ Had a season-high five strikeouts against Eastern Michigan (Mar. 18)
▪ Finished the year with a hit in his only at bat for a 1.000 batting average
▪ Earned a spot on The Summit League All-Academic Team as a distinguished scholar
▪ Saw action in 14 games, drawing eight starts
▪ Fired two complete games on the season, along with one shutout
▪ Tied for the team lead with two saves
▪ Posted a 2-3 record with a 7.99 ERA
▪ Tossed two innings, allowing two unearned runs against Concordia (3/27)
▪ Tossed 1.2 scoreless innings against Western Illinois (4/4)
▪ Posted one scoreless inning against IPFW (4/18)
▪ Went the distance against Toledo (4/29), picking up the win after allowing six hits and three runs, two earned
▪ Fired a five-hit shutout against Eastern Michigan (5/5)
▪ A two-way player for the Golden Grizzlies, saw action in 12 games, starting three
▪ Made nine pitching appearances
▪ Hit .273 with one homer and three RBI, while posting a 1-0 record on the mound with a 2.20 ERA
▪ Started his career with a streak of 5.1 scoreless innings over his first seven appearances
▪ Belted his lone homer of the year, a pinch-hit solo shot against Central Michigan (4/15)
▪ Picked up the save after tossing a scoreless inning against IPFW (5/4)
▪ Picked up the win after throwing five innings, allowing two hits and one run against Western Michigan (5/6)
Orchard Lake St. Mary's High School:
▪ Earned three letters for coach Nick DiPonio
▪ A second team all-state selection as a junior
▪ Hit .333 with four homers and 36 RBI while posting a 9-2 record on the mound, fanning 62 hitters in 65.1 innings of work
▪ Helped his team to district championships as a sophomore and junior
Personal: Born Jeffrey Stephen Gorecki on November 1, 1988 in Southfield, Michigan ... nickname is Jeff ... the son of Steve and Julie Gorecki ... his favorite hobby is sports ... other than baseball, his favorite sport is basketball ... his favorite movie is Wedding Crashers ... he would like to star in a movie with Will Ferrell ... most impressive person he has ever met is former Detroit Tigers manager Sparky Anderson ... Gorecki is majoring in human resource development.