OU ends the season 20-35.
May 18, 2013
Golden Grizzlies earn No. 2 seed in The Summit League Baseball Championship.
Robby Enslen drove in the game-winning run.
The Golden Grizzlies mercied the Mastodons in game two, 11-1 in 8 innings.
▪ Threw 27.0 innings for OU and finished with a 1-1 record
▪ Posted 12 strikeouts and allowed just nine walks
▪ Saw action in 18 games with a 7.67 ERA
▪ Made 17 appearances including a pair of starts, pitching 27.1 innings pitched
▪ Ended the year with two saves, which was the second most on the team
▪ He finished the year with 16 strikeouts and just six walks
▪ Ended the season with a 7.24 ERA allowing 22 earned runs in 27.1 innings
▪ He had a season-high three strikeouts twice against Butler (Mar. 6) and Western Michigan (May 3)
▪ His longest outing came against Butler (Mar. 6)
▪ He made his first start against Western Michigan (May 3) and started again versus Central Michigan (May 17)
▪ Earned a spot on The Summit League All-Academic Team
▪ Made 18 appearances with two starts and one save
▪ Gave up 28 hits, 10 runs, nine earned while walking 12 and striking out 11
▪ Had a 3.86 earned run average in 21 innings of work
▪ Gave up one hit, walked one and struck out one in 2/3rd of an inning vs. Concordia (4/2) for his first collegiate save
▪ Was selected to the Summit League All-Academic team
Bath High School:
▪ Lettered for coach Tony Roob
▪ Team won the 2007 sectional championship
▪ Played in the 2009 WBL/NWOAL All-Star Game, earning MVP honors after throwing two innings with three K's, and going 2-for-3 with a double and two RBIs
▪ Second team all-league selection
▪ Special mention all-league selection as a junior
Personal: Kevin Matthew Korkate was born November 17, 1990 in Lima, Ohio ... the son of Rich and Bina Korkate ... has one brother, Troy ... his dad, Rich, played baseball at Ohio University from 1981-85 ... Korkate is majoring in psychology.