The Golden Grizzlies finished second in The Summit League standings
Jake Morton was 2-for-5 for the Golden Grizzlies.
The Golden Grizzlies eneter the tournament as the No. 2 seed.
Nolan Jacoby was 4-for-4 and the Golden Grizzlies wrapped up a second place Summit League finish.
The series will open on Thursday at 3 p.m. with senior festivities on Saturday.
▪ Led all Oakland starting pitchers with a 4.72 ERA
▪ Made 11 appearances including nine starts, throwing 55.1 innings
▪ He finished the season 4-4 wih a save
▪ He finished the year with 30 strikeouts
▪ Allowed just 29 earned runs over 55.1 innings
▪ Had a career-high eight strikeouts against Alma (Mar. 20)
▪ Threw a complete game win over IPFW (Apr. 10)
▪ Three of his wins were in league games over IPFW (Apr. 10), Southern Utah (May 13) and Centenary (May 20)
▪ Twice threw a season-high seven innings against IPFW (Apr. 10) and Centenary (May 20)
▪ Held the opposition without an earned run in three conscutive games from Mar. 13-Apr. 6.
▪ Made 19 appearances with one save and a record of 0-1
▪ Gave up 59 hits, 43 runs, 40 earned while walking nine and striking out 24
▪ Had a earned run average of 12.56 in 28.7 innings of work
▪ Surrendered one hit with three strikeouts in two innings for his first collegiate save vs. Toldeo (4/20)
Oxford High School: Earned four letters for coach Kurt Nuss ... helped the Wildcats to two conference championships his junior and senior years ... also helped his team to the district championship as a senior ... took the championship title in the Oxford Tournament in his last two years ... also was a part of the Goodrich Tournament championship team as a sophomore ... recieved all-state honors as a senior ... earned all-league accolades for playing infield ... also recieved all-district and all-region honors as a pitcher ... was named to the All-Oakalnd County team as a pitcher and earned a spot on the All-Metro second team ... was named most valuable pitcher at the Bruin Club All-Star Classic in 2008, where he threw two hitless inningswith two strikeouts... held a 0.41 ERA as a senior over 69 innings and posted a 10-1 record ... finished with a 21-2 career record at the mound for Oxford ... also earned one letter in basketball .... an honor roll student ... was a member of the captains club and served as a class representative.
Personal: Born Russell John Luxton on April 16, 1990 in Detroit, Mich. ... parents are Russ and Renee Luxton ... has one younger sister, Corinne ... cousin, Josh Regits,plays for the St. Paul Saints minor league baseball team ... Luxton is majoring in communications.