Golden Grizzlies earn No. 2 seed at The Summit League Championship.
OU ends the season 20-35.
The Golden Grizzlies will be the No. 2 seed at the championship hosted by OU.
The Golden Grizzlies will host May 23-25.
The Golden Grizzlies fell to the Jackrabbits in an elimination game.
Golden Grizzlies complete the four-game sweep.
Golden Grizzlies upend Leathernecks 2-1.
The Oakland baseball team took on Omaha in the first game of a Summit League doubleheader at the OU Baseball Field.
▪ Led The Summit League with 10 saves
▪ Made 23 appearances and pitched 49.0 innings
▪ Was 3-5 on the season with a 3.67 ERA
▪ He finished the year with 30 strikeouts for the second year in a row
▪ Combined with Jeff Gorecki for a combined shutout against Oral Roberts
▪ Had a 2-0 record in Summit League games with six saves in eight appearances
▪ Led all Oakland starting pitchers with a 4.72 ERA
▪ Made 11 appearances including nine starts, throwing 55.1 innings
▪ He finished the season 4-4 wih a save
▪ He finished the year with 30 strikeouts
▪ Allowed just 29 earned runs over 55.1 innings
▪ Had a career-high eight strikeouts against Alma (Mar. 20)
▪ Threw a complete game win over IPFW (Apr. 10)
▪ Three of his wins were in league games over IPFW (Apr. 10), Southern Utah (May 13) and Centenary (May 20)
▪ Twice threw a season-high seven innings against IPFW (Apr. 10) and Centenary (May 20)
▪ Held the opposition without an earned run in three conscutive games from Mar. 13-Apr. 6.
▪ Made 19 appearances with one save and a record of 0-1
▪ Gave up 59 hits, 43 runs, 40 earned while walking nine and striking out 24
▪ Had a earned run average of 12.56 in 28.7 innings of work
▪ Surrendered one hit with three strikeouts in two innings for his first collegiate save vs. Toldeo (4/20)
Oxford High School: Earned four letters for coach Kurt Nuss ... helped the Wildcats to two conference championships his junior and senior years ... also helped his team to the district championship as a senior ... took the championship title in the Oxford Tournament in his last two years ... also was a part of the Goodrich Tournament championship team as a sophomore ... recieved all-state honors as a senior ... earned all-league accolades for playing infield ... also recieved all-district and all-region honors as a pitcher ... was named to the All-Oakalnd County team as a pitcher and earned a spot on the All-Metro second team ... was named most valuable pitcher at the Bruin Club All-Star Classic in 2008, where he threw two hitless inningswith two strikeouts... held a 0.41 ERA as a senior over 69 innings and posted a 10-1 record ... finished with a 21-2 career record at the mound for Oxford ... also earned one letter in basketball .... an honor roll student ... was a member of the captains club and served as a class representative.
Personal: Born Russell John Luxton on April 16, 1990 in Detroit, Mich. ... parents are Russ and Renee Luxton ... has one younger sister, Corinne, who is part of the club softball team at Michigan State ... cousin, Josh Regits, played three years of professional baseball ... also has two uncles who played football at Michigan State and Northwestern ... Luxton is majoring in communications.