Women's swimming and diving won the Team Academic Achievement award for the second straight year.
The Golden Grizzlies led the league for a fourth consecutive semester
The Golden Grizzlies equal their highest league tournament finish of third place.
Tim Ryan, Nolan Jacoby and Jason Hager all earned all-tournament honors.
Photos from The Summit League Baseball Banquet.
The Oakland baseball team earned a walk-off victory against Southern Utah on Senior Day at the OU Baseball Field
The Oakland baseball team took on Southern Utah in the series opener on Thursday at the OU Baseball Field.
Oakland swept a doubleheader against Western Illinois 11-10 and 8-1 at the OU Baseball Field on Saturday, Apr. 28, 2012.
Oakland beat Western Illinois 3-2 with a furious rally in the bottom of the ninth at the OU Baseball Field.
▪ Played in 47 games making 46 starts during the year
▪ Went 60-for-188 for a .319 batting average as Oakland's regular leadoff hitter
▪ Led the Golden Grizzlies with 41 runs scored and also posted 20 RBIs
▪ Was 16-for-26 on the base paths tying for the third most stolen bases in The Summit League and tying for the team lead
▪ Had 10 doubles for a .372 slugging percentage and posted a .395 on-base percentage
▪ Posted a perfect 1.000 fielding percentage as OU's everyday centerfielder
▪ Went a perfect 4-for-4 in a game against Toledo (Mar. 30)
▪ Posted 15 multi-hit games, including seven games with three hits or more
▪ Drove in a season-high three runs against Alma (Mar. 20)
▪ Had three hits in each game of a doubleheader against Michigan State (Apr. 12) and also stole three bases in the opener
▪ Went 2-for-5 with an RBI and a season-high three runs scored in Oakland's win over IPFW (Apr. 10)
▪ Scored a run in 32 of the games he played in during the season
▪ His 57 career stolen bases ranks 19th in Summit League History
▪ Earned a spot on The Summit League All-Academic Team
▪ Started all 55 games he played
▪ Had nine doubles, three triples and a home run, scored 46 runs, drove in 21 runs, stole 24 bases while batting .338
▪ Had 22 multiple hit games with five at three or more
▪ Drove in the game-winning run vs. IPFW (5/16)
▪ Had four hits against Central Michigan (4/28)
▪ Stole two or more bases four times
▪ Named to theSummit League All-Tournament team as he had a double, scored two runs, drove in six runs and batted .357 (5-for-14)
▪ Was selected to the Summit League All-Academic team.
▪ Saw action in 50 games, drawing 41 starts
▪ Hit .264 on the year with 21 RBIs
▪ Went 17-of-19 in stolen bases
▪ Smacked seven doubles
▪ Posted nine multi-hit games
▪ Made his OU debut against Eastern Kentucky, going 3-for-3 with two doubles and four RBIs (2/21)
▪ Went 3-for-5 against Eastern Michigan (3/15)
▪ Stole three bases against Rochester College (3/18)
▪ Swiped a pair against Notre Dame (3/25)
▪ Went 2-for-2 against Centenary (5/15)
Saginaw Nouvel Catholic Central High School:
▪ Earned four letters for coach Tim Smith
▪ Was an all-state selection as a junior and senior, as well as earning Saginaw News Dream Team honors both of those years
▪ A two-time all-region and four time all-district selection
▪ Also earned three letters in basketball and football
▪ Was named Class C Player of the Year as a senior
▪ Helped his baseball and football teams to state championships while helping his basketball team to a runner-up finish
▪ Hit .495 as a senior with 39 RBI and 27 stolen bases
Personal: Timothy Patrick Ryan was born March 23, 1989 in Saginaw, Michigan ... nickname is Tim ... the son of Tim and Sue Ryan ... his father played four years of college basketball at Saginaw Valley State University ... favorite sport, other than baseball is basketball ... favorite movie is Field of Dreams ... favorite actor is Denzel Washington ... if he could be a cartoon character, he would be Homer Simpson ... if he could go anywhere in the world he'd go somewhere warm ... Ryan is majoring in communications.