▪ Oakland won three out of five games against in-state rivals Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan and Central Michigan.
▪ The Golden Grizzlies won four of its six games against league foe Valparaiso.
▪ Oakland ranked second in the league in doubles (107), total bases (789), walks (225), batters struck out (393) and runners picked off (9).
▪ During league play, the Golden Grizzlies also ranked second in slugging percentage (.437) and home runs (30)
▪ Zach Sterry was selected in the eighth round of the 2017 MLB Draft by the Boston Red Sox
▪ Sterry was named to the 2017 American Baseball Coaches Association/Rawlings Mideast All-Region second team.
▪ Sterry remained the program's all-time putouts leader finishing his career with 1,232 becoming the first player to surpass the 900 and 1,000 mark.
▪ Tyler Janish and Pagano set the school record for most games played in a single season with 57.
▪ Pagano also set a single season record for most at-bats in a season with 231.
▪ Jake Lee finished his junior season striking out 86 batters which led the Horizon League and was the second-most in a single season in Oakland history.
▪ Lee threw a career-high 11 strikeouts against Eastern Kentucky on Feb. 24, which is tied for third-most in a single game in Oakland history.
▪ Conor Bowers earned Horizon League Pitcher of the Week on May 8 after tossing 8.0 innings, allowing just one hit and recording a career-high eight strikeouts in a 7-0 shutout win over Valparaiso.
▪ Ryan Fitzgerald was named Horizon League Batter of the Week on May 22 after going 6-for-12 (.500) scoring seven runs, hitting two doubles, one home run and driving in five RBIs with a slugging percentage of .917 while also going a perfect 3-for-3 in stolen bases in three games against Northern Kentucky May 18-20.
▪ Right-handed pitcher Jared Burkert was one of five Oakland student-athletes in the 2017 winter semester to earn a perfect 4.0 grade-point average.
▪ Oakland won its first ever Horizon League Tournament game on May 24 against Valparaiso 6-4 in Chicago, Ill. It was also the first conference tournament win since 2012.
▪ The Golden Grizzlies went 2-2 in this year's league tournament, marking the second time in the Division I era that Oakland won multiple conference tournament games with the last time coming in 2000 as members of the Summit League.
▪ Pagano and DiLeo were named to the all-tournament team.