ROCHESTER, Mich. - Oakland’s 2016 baseball season ended in early May, but a few student-athletes, their work extended into the summer, and they put together productive performances for preparation for the 2017 season.
Zach Sterry (Waynesboro Generals-Virginia Valley League)
- Sterry’s performance with the Generals included 50 hits, 28 extra-base hits, 41 RBIs and 13 home runs; being named a Valley League All Star & MVP of the league. Recognized for his performance Sterry was named a 2016 Perfect Game/Rawlings Summer Collegiate All-American Honorable Mention.
Myles Zilinsky (Montauk Mustangs-Hamptons League)
- In Zilinsky’s first year with the Golden Grizzlies he batted .211 in 41 games. In his 39 games with the Mustangs he batted .285 with 35 hits, 17 RBIs and two home runs.
Tyler Palm (Bellingham Bells-West Coast League)
- Palm pitched 39 innings for the Bells with a record of 1-1. He recorded 25 strikeouts, one save and an 2.01 ERA.
P.J. Piesko (Licking County Settlers-Great Lakes League)
- Piesko was named an All-star in the Great Lakes League where he pitched 29 innings with a record of 0-1. He had a 0.63 ERA, one save and 22 strikeouts.
Cole Gibson (Sag Harbor Whales-Hamptons League)
- Gibson had a record of 1-0 with the Bells. Gibson pitched 15 innings and recorded 17 strikeouts, with a 3.14 ERA.
Nate Schweers (Licking County Settlers-Great Lakes League)
- Schweers pitched had a record of 1-2 in 44 innings. He had an 4.67 ERA, 32 strikeouts and one shutout.
Kendall Colvin (The Villains-US Baseball League)
- Colvin had one complete game shutout win for the Villains. He pitched 21 innings, recorded 15 strikeouts, an 3.85 ERA and a record of 1-0.
Matt DiLeo (Bellingham Bells-West Coast League)
- In 32 games with the Bells he hit one home run and recorded 11 RBIs.