Senior Dorsey-Walker leaves his mark on Team 50 as a leader on and off the court.
Lessons learned from rivalry win.
The recognition took place at halftime of the Green Bay game at WinterFest.
The Golden Grizzlies fall to 5-4 in Horizon League play.
The top 10 will be selected by a committee and announced at WinterFest on Jan. 27.
The men's basketball team faced Wright State in the semifinals of Motor City Madness at Joe Louis Arena
Oakland men's basketball took on Detroit during a GOLD out on Senior day
Golden Grizzlies get road win over Flames
The men's basketball team took on Green Bay on the Blacktop at the O'rena
The men's basketball team faced Milwaukee on the Blacktop in the O'rena
2013-14 VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS
OVERVIEW: Associated Press, Sporting News and NABC All-American Third Team selection ... Finalist for John R. Wooden and Bob Cousy awards ... Led country with 9.3 assists and ranked fourth in scoring at 24.4 ... Grabbed national headlines after scoring 37 points vs. then-No. 1 Michigan State (See Media Tweets) ... Recorded Oakland's only two triple-doubles ... Finished No. 4 in Michigan Mr. Basketball race with 1,251 voting points ... Versatile player that really improved his jump shot from his freshman to sophomore season ... Cousin is former NBA and Michigan State standout Steve Smith ... Majoring in communication.
▪ Associated Press All-American Third Team selection
▪ Sporting News and NABC All-American Third Team honoree
▪ Named Horizon League Player of the Year and All-Horizon League first team
▪ Selected as finalist for John R. Wooden Award and the Bob Cousy Award
▪ Named to NABC All-District first team for second year in a row
▪ Selected to USBWA All-District Team
▪ Led the nation with 9.3 assists per game including 19 games with double-digit assists
▪ Ranked fourth in the country at 24.4 points per game
▪ Scored 20 or more points in 30 of 35 games, including five games with 30-plus points
▪ Collected 15 games of at least 20 points and 10 assists
▪ Against Power-5 opponents, averaged 32.0 points, 6.5 assists and 3.8 rebounds per game
▪ Recorded second-career triple-double with 29 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists in semifinals of Vegas 16, only the program's second triple-double
▪ Set career-high scoring 38 points with 14 field goals at Washington (12/19)
▪ Recorded career-best 16 assists in regular season finals vs. Detroit (2/26)
▪ Finished with 37 points and nine assists against then-No. 1 Michigan State (12/22)
▪ Scored 30 points against Virginia who finished the season as the second-ranked scoring defense in the country
▪ Broke the Horizon League career and single-season assists records
▪ Set Horizon League record for most HL Player of the Week honors in a single-season with seven
▪ Named to Wooden Award Late and Midseason List, ESPN's Dick Vitale's Mid-Season All-Rolls Royce Team, NBCSports.com's Midseason All-American Third Team and Sports Illustrated's Midseason mid-Major Player of the Year
▪ Ranks ninth on Oakland's all-time scoring list and third on the all-time assists list
▪ Lou Henson Award Finalist (given to the mid-major player of the year)
▪ Mid-Major All-American
▪ All-Horizon League First Team
▪ Two-time Horizon League Player of the Week (1/5, 2/2)
▪ Only player in the country to average at least 17.0 points and 7.0 assists per game
▪ No. 2 in the NCAA with 7.6 assists per game
▪ Played 12 entire games and finished third with 38.5 minutes played per game
▪ Lead the league with 8 20-point games in HL play
▪ Recorded 7 or more assists in 21 of 33 games
▪ Tallied 6 double-doubles this season
▪ Poured in a career-high 37 points vs. Eastern Illinois (3/17) in opening round of CIT, adding 11 assists
▪ Broke single-game league and school records with 24 FT attempts, and his 19 made FTs ranks No. 2 in league and school history vs. Valpo (1/2)
▪ Horizon League Freshman of the Year
▪ Member of the League All-Freshman Team
▪ Named Freshman of the Week a league-best 7 times
▪ Finished No. 7 in the NCAA with 6.4 assists per game
▪ Posted the program's first-ever triple-double vs. Detroit (2/14) with 15 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds
▪ Only player in the league to record points-assists double-doubles (3)
▪ Had a league-best 6 double-figure assist games
▪ Reached double figures in 18 games
▪ Dished out a career-best 12 assists in both regular-season games vs. Youngstown State (1/31, 3/1)
▪ Scored a career-high 25 points vs. Milwaukee (1/8)
▪ Posted 7 or more assists in 16 games
▪ Named PSL MVP
▪ Garnered all-state, all-area and all-city accolades
▪ Led team to an undefeated regular season and PSL title
▪ Won three city championships (2009, '11, '12)
▪ Played in the Michigan All-Star Game
▪ Two-time captain
▪ Detroit Free Press Dream Team
▪ Named Detroit Public School's (PSL) Learner of the Year in 2013
▪ Graduated with a 3.6 GPA from High School
▪ National Honor Roll and Dean's List
TOP ATHLETIC ACCOMPLISHMENT
▪ Posted Oakland's first-ever triple-double in program history vs. Detroit (2/14/14) with 15 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds ... Had a triple-double in high school as well.
Full Name: Kahlil Ameer Felder, Jr.
Parents: Kahlil Felder, Sr. and Tiffany Williams
▪ Father played college basketball at Eastern Michigan (1990-92) and ranks inside the single-season record book with 129 assists in 1991-92.
Siblings: Deleylia Thomas, Michael Dickerson, Armenee Felder
▪ Cousin Darrius Williams plays college basketball at Morehouse College (Division II) where he led the Maroon Tigers in scoring with 18.1 ppg last season
Top Three Reasons for Choosing Oakland