Aug. 16, 2012
ROCHESTER, Mich.- The Oakland men's soccer team will continue preseason play on Friday with an exhibition match against Bowling Green at 4 p.m. at the OU Soccer Field.For coaching purposes, the match will consist of three 30-minute periods.
|EXHIBITION: Oakland vs Bowling Green
Rochester, Mich. - August 17, 2012 - 4 p.m.
OU Soccer Field (1,000)
|Team Stats (2011)
||Oakland / Bowling Green|
Adults - $5 ; Kids (12 under) $3; Kids (3 under) Free
Gates Open at the OU Soccer Field one hour before kickoff
|Quick Facts||Oakland / Bowling Green|
Oakland leads - 6-2-1
||OUgrizzlies.com / BGSUFalcons.com|
|Social Media||Follow Men's Soccer on Facebook and Twitter|
OAKLAND SOCCER NOTES
▪ The Golden Grizzlies opened the season on Monday with a 2-0 exhibition win over defending Horizon League Champions Valparaiso at the OU Soccer Field.
▪ Senior Kyle Bethel opened the scoring for OU and Gavin Hoy added the second goal
▪ Goalkeeper Wes Smith picked up the assist on Hoy's goal with a long outlet pass
▪ Just a sophomore, Gaving Hoy has netted twice in exhibition play for Oakland. He also scored the match-winner against Michigan State to open the 2011 season
▪ Oakland and Bowling Green's last official meeting was in 2004, but the team's last met in 2010 for an exhibition at the OU Soccer Field. That day the Golden Grizzlies best the Falcons 2-1.
▪ Both of Oakland's home exhibition matches this season have been played as three 30-minute periods by coaches' agreement. It benefits both teams by allowing more tactical experimentation.
▪ Be sure to check out postmatch coverage, which includes Grizz Vision interviews with the players and coaches