Aug. 23, 2012
ROCHESTER, Mich.- The 2012 season will kickoff in earnest for the Oakland men's soccer team on Friday, when the team hosts New Hampshire at the OU Soccer Field at 7 p.m. The Golden Grizzlies scored six goals over three games and were undefeated in preseason play.
|Oakland (0-0) vs New Hampshire (0-0)
Rochester, Mich. - August 24, 2012 - 7 p.m.
OU Soccer Field (1,000)
|Team Stats (2011)
||Oakland / New Hampshire|
Adults - $5 ; Kids (12 under) $3; Kids (3 under) Free
Gates open at the OU Soccer Field one hour before kickoff
|Quick Facts||Oakland / New Hampshire|
|Men's Soccer Coach's Show||Weekly Video Review / Preview|
||OUgrizzlies.com / UNHWildcats.com|
|Social Media||Follow Men's Soccer on Facebook and Twitter|
OAKLAND SOCCER NOTES
▪ The Golden Grizzlies posted a 2-0-1 record during the preseason and never failed to score under two goals in a match
▪ Kyle Bethel and Miche'le Lipari both finished the preseason with a goal and an assist to lead OU in preseason scoring
▪ Goalkeeper Wes Smith picked up the assist on Gavin Hoy's goal against defending Horizon League Champions Valparaiso
▪ The Golden Grizzlies were picked third in this season's Summit League Preseason Poll
▪ Despite playing some of their toughest competition early in the season, Oakland boasts a 6-6-2 record in season-opening matches as a Division I program
▪ The Golden Grizzlies are 8-3-3 in the first home match of the season since joining the Division I ranks
▪ Four Oakland players were recognized by CollegeSportsMadness.com for preseason all-league honors. John Timm was named to the first team, while Johnny Dreshaj and Jeff Cheslik earned second team honors. Jacob Vanderlaan was named Preseason Freshman of the Year.
▪ Oakland has won 11 Summit League Championships during its first three years in The Summit League and advanced to five NCAA Tournaments.
▪ Be sure to check out postmatch coverage, which includes Grizz Vision interviews with the players and coaches