Oakland Soccer Hosts Duquesne on Wednesday
The Golden Grizzlies kickoff at 7 p.m. against the Dukes
Sept. 25, 2012
ROCHESTER, Mich. -- Following a four-match road swing, the Oakland men's soccer team (4-3) returns to the friendly confines to host Duquesne (3-5) on Wednesday at 7 p.m. The Golden Grizzlies have scored five goals in back-to-back matches.
OAKLAND SOCCER NOTES
▪ After scoring 10 goals in the last two matches, Oakland currently boasts the No. 15 scoring offense in the nation.
▪ With a 5-0 shutout win over Oral Roberts in the Summit League opener on Sunday, the Golden Grizzlies also improved to No. 14 in the NCAA in shutout percentage
▪ The Golden Grizzlies have not yet conceded a goal at home this season
▪ Kyle Bethel currently ranks No. 8 in the NCAA in both assists per game and total assists
▪ All four of Oakland's wins this season have been shutout victories
▪ Scott Messer started the season with 275:27 minutes of scoreless action in the nets
▪ Lipari is the leading goal scorer for Oakland this season with four goals and ranks No. 32 in the nation in goals per game
▪ Dating back to the previous season, the Golden Grizzlies went 356:30 consecutive minutes without allowing a goal
▪ The Black and Gold announced captains for this season as John Timm, Nick Kristock and Lucas Diener
▪ The Golden Grizzlies posted a 2-0-1 record during the preseason and never failed to score under two goals in a match
▪ Four Oakland players were recognized by CollegeSportsMadness.com for preseason all-league honors. John Timm was named to the first team, while Johnny Dreshaj and Jeff Cheslik earned second team honors. Jacob Vanderlaan was named Preseason Freshman of the Year.
▪ Oakland has won 11 Summit League Championships during its first thirteen years in The Summit League and advanced to five NCAA Tournaments.