ROCHESTER, Mich. -- The Oakland women's soccer team (2-1-1) will play host to Michigan State (4-1-0) on Wednesday at the OU Soccer Field at 7 p.m. The match is the 10th all-time between the two programs.
| Oakland (2-1-1) vs Michigan State (4-1-0)
Rochester, Mich. - September 5, 2012 - 7 p.m.
OU Soccer Field (1,000)
||Oakland / Michigan State|
Adults - $5 ; Kids (12 under) $3; Kids (3 under) Free
Gates will open one hour before kickoff
|Quick Facts||Oakland / Michigan State|
|Women's Soccer Coach's Show||Weekly Video Review / Preview|
MSU leads 7-2-0
||OUgrizzlies.com / MSUSpartans.com|
|Social Media||Follow Women's Soccer on Facebook and Twitter|
OAKLAND SOCCER NOTES
▪ Meghan Reynolds scored twice, including the extra-time match-winner, as Oakland beat Detroit 3-2 in its last outing
▪ Reynolds was named Summit League Player of the Week by the league on Tuesday, an honor she also received from CollegeSportsMadness.com
▪ The goals against Detroit were the first goals of the season for Reynolds, who led Oakland in scoring last season
▪ The Golden Grizzlies have scored in every game this season, totaling 16 goals through four matches this season
▪ Oakland is 2-3 against MSU at the OU Soccer Field, with the Golden Grizzlies last win coming in 2006.
▪ Kyla Kellermann, who scored four goals and had one assist during the week, was named Summit League Player of the Week on Monday August 20
▪ Kellermann scored a hat trick against Rochester College, which tied for third most in single-game history at OU
▪ Abigail Haelewyn assisted on three goals in the match against Rochester College, which ties for fourth best in a single-game at Oakland
▪ The 47 shots that the Golden Grizzlies took against Rochester College are the second most in program history
▪ Oakland was tabbed as the favorite in The Summit League Preseason Coaches Poll for the 11th time in school history, just edging South Dakota State this season with five first-place votes
▪ The Golden Grizzlies were unbeaten in preseason play with a 1-1 draw at Cleveland State and a 5-1 home win over Valparaiso
▪ Oakland won the 2011 Summit Leauge Championship on the OU Soccer Field, advancing to the NCAA Tournament for the sixth time in school history, where they faced Wake Forest
▪ Oakland has won 13 Summit League Titles (Six Regular Season, Seven Championship Tournament) since 2000, which ranks as the eighth most in the nation among all Division I women's soccer programs.
▪ Be sure to check out postmatch coverage, which includes Grizz Vision interviews with the players and coaches