Oakland to Host Michigan State on Wednesday
The Golden Grizzlies kickoff at 7 p.m. against the Spartans
ROCHESTER, Mich. -- The Oakland women's soccer team (2-1-1) will play host to Michigan State (4-1-0) on Wednesday at the OU Soccer Field at 7 p.m. The match is the 10th all-time between the two programs.
OAKLAND SOCCER NOTES
▪ Reynolds was named Summit League Player of the Week by the league on Tuesday, an honor she also received from CollegeSportsMadness.com
▪ The goals against Detroit were the first goals of the season for Reynolds, who led Oakland in scoring last season
▪ The Golden Grizzlies have scored in every game this season, totaling 16 goals through four matches this season
▪ Oakland is 2-3 against MSU at the OU Soccer Field, with the Golden Grizzlies last win coming in 2006.
▪ Kyla Kellermann, who scored four goals and had one assist during the week, was named Summit League Player of the Week on Monday August 20
▪ Kellermann scored a hat trick against Rochester College, which tied for third most in single-game history at OU
▪ Abigail Haelewyn assisted on three goals in the match against Rochester College, which ties for fourth best in a single-game at Oakland
▪ The 47 shots that the Golden Grizzlies took against Rochester College are the second most in program history
▪ Oakland was tabbed as the favorite in The Summit League Preseason Coaches Poll for the 11th time in school history, just edging South Dakota State this season with five first-place votes