Sept. 15, 2012
ROCHESTER, Mich. -- Oakland (3-2-2) hosts Northwestern (4-3-1) on Sunday at the OU Soccer Field at 1 p.m. It is the third match against a Big Ten opponent for the Golden Grizzlies this season.
| Oakland (3-2-2) vs Northwestern (4-3-1)
Rochester, Mich. - September 16, 2012 - 1 p.m.
OU Soccer Field (1,000)
||Oakland / Northwestern|
Adults - $5 ; Kids (12 under) $3; Kids (3 under) Free
Gates to the OU Soccer Field open one hour prior to kickoff
|Quick Facts||Oakland / Northwestern|
|Women's Soccer Coach's Show||Weekly Video Review / Preview|
NU leads 2-0
||OUgrizzlies.com / NUSports.com|
|Social Media||Follow Women's Soccer on Facebook and Twitter|
OAKLAND SOCCER NOTES
▪ With assists on both Oakland goals, Abigail Haelewyn picked up her team-leading seventh assist of the season. She began the week ranked No. 8 in the nation in assists per game
▪ Shannon Coley earned her ninth career shutout against Northern Kentucky. She is now tied for fourth in career shutouts at Oakland with Jessica Howard.
▪ Kellermann now leads Oakland with five goals this season
▪ Coley was named Summit League Defensive Player of the Week, the league office announced on Monday. Coley posted a .923 save percentage for the week
▪ Scoring at a rate of 2.67 goals per game, the Golden Grizzlies currently rank 23rd in the NCAA in scoring offense
▪ Oakland fell to Michigan 1-0 in its last outing. Coley had five saves to finish the week with 12 saves and a .450 goals-against average for the week
▪ The scoreless tie with Michigan State marked the first time that OU has shutout MSU and snapped a streak of six consecutive losses for the Golden Grizzlies to the Spartans in 10 meetings
▪ Starting Wednesday Oakland plays three of four matches against opponents from the Big Ten (Michigan State, Michigan and Northwestern)
▪ Meghan Reynolds scored twice, including the extra-time match-winner, as Oakland beat Detroit 3-2 in its last outing
▪ Reynolds was named Summit League Player of the Week by the league on Tuesday, an honor she also received from CollegeSportsMadness.com
▪ Kyla Kellermann, who scored four goals and had one assist during the week, was named Summit League Player of the Week on Monday August 20
▪ Kellermann scored a hat trick against Rochester College, which tied for third most in single-game history at OU
▪ Haelewyn assisted on three goals in the match against Rochester College, which ties for fourth best in a single-game at Oakland
▪ The 47 shots that the Golden Grizzlies took against Rochester College are the second most in program history
▪ Oakland was tabbed as the favorite in The Summit League Preseason Coaches Poll for the 11th time in school history, just edging South Dakota State this season with five first-place votes
▪ The Golden Grizzlies were unbeaten in preseason play with a 1-1 draw at Cleveland State and a 5-1 home win over Valparaiso
▪ Oakland won the 2011 Summit Leauge Championship on the OU Soccer Field, advancing to the NCAA Tournament for the sixth time in school history, where they faced Wake Forest
▪ Oakland has won 13 Summit League Titles (Six Regular Season, Seven Championship Tournament) since 2000, which ranks as the eighth most in the nation among all Division I women's soccer programs.
▪ Be sure to check out postmatch coverage, which includes Grizz Vision interviews with the players and coaches