Sept. 28, 2012
OMAHA, Neb. -- Oakland (3-3-3, 0-0) opens Summit League play on Sunday with a match at Omaha (1-10-0,1-0) at the OU Soccer Field at 1 p.m. It is the first time that Oakland has faced the newest league opponent.
| Oakland (3-3-3, 0-0-0 Summit) vs Omaha (1-10-0, 1-0-0 Summit)
Omaha, Neb. - September 30, 2012 - 1 p.m.
||Oakland / Omaha|
||OUgrizzlies.com / OMavs.com|
|Social Media||Follow Women's Soccer on Facebook and Twitter|
OAKLAND SOCCER NOTES
▪ Oakland wrapped up non-league play against Notre Dame. After a scoreless 68 minutes, the Fighting Irish ended the game with a flurry to down OU 3-0
▪ Goalkeeper Shannon Coley made nine saves against Notre Dame and currently leads The Summit League with a .821 save percentage
▪ After leading the nation in assists last week, Abigail Haelewyn fell to second in the NCAA in terms of total assists and assists per game
▪ Coley earned her ninth career shutout against Northern Kentucky. She is now tied for fourth in career shutouts at Oakland with Jessica Howard.
▪ Kellermann leads Oakland and The Summit League in goals (5) and points (14) this season
▪ Coley has won two Summit League Defensive Player of the Week Awards from the league this season, while Megan Reynolds, Kyla Kellermann and Haelewyn have also claimed the award
▪ Scoring at a rate of 2.67 goals per game, the Golden Grizzlies currently rank 23rd in the NCAA in scoring offense
▪ OU faced tied two of the three Big Ten teams it faced this season
▪ The scoreless tie with Michigan State marked the first time that OU has shutout MSU and snapped a streak of six consecutive losses for the Golden Grizzlies to the Spartans in 10 meetings
▪ Kellermann scored a hat trick against Rochester College, which tied for third most in single-game history at OU
▪ Haelewyn assisted on three goals in the match against Rochester College, which ties for fourth best in a single-game at Oakland
▪ The 47 shots that the Golden Grizzlies took against Rochester College are the second most in program history
▪ Oakland was tabbed as the favorite in The Summit League Preseason Coaches Poll for the 11th time in school history, just edging South Dakota State this season with five first-place votes
▪ The Golden Grizzlies were unbeaten in preseason play with a 1-1 draw at Cleveland State and a 5-1 home win over Valparaiso
▪ Oakland won the 2011 Summit Leauge Championship on the OU Soccer Field, advancing to the NCAA Tournament for the sixth time in school history, where they faced Wake Forest
▪ Oakland has won 13 Summit League Titles (Six Regular Season, Seven Championship Tournament) since 2000, which ranks as the eighth most in the nation among all Division I women's soccer programs.
▪ Be sure to check out postmatch coverage, which includes Grizz Vision interviews with the players and coaches