League-Leaders Oakland Battle Fort Wayne on Saturday
The Golden Grizzlies kickoff at 5:30 p.m.
Oct. 19, 2012
FORT WAYNE, Ind. -- The top two teams in the Summit League will face each other when Oakland (7-4-3, 4-1) travels to play Fort Wayne (7-6-1, 3-1-1) on Saturday at 5:30 p.m. The Golden Grizzlies sit atop the league standings with the Mastodons sitting in second and only three matches left in the season.
OAKLAND SOCCER NOTES
▪ Kyla Kellermann was named Summit League Offensive Player of the Week on Monday for her two goal performance at South Dakota
▪ Oakland moved into sole posession of first place in The Summit League standings with a 4-1 league record following a 2-0 win over USD on Sunday, after dropping a 2-0 decision at Kansas City on Friday
▪ Abigail Haelewyn leads the Summit League with nine assists this season and is No. 7 in the nation in assists per-game and No. 8 in total assists
▪ Kellermann leads Oakland and The Summit League in goals (8) and points (19) this season
▪ Kellermann has won two Summit League OFfensive Player of the Week Awards this season. Coley has won two Summit League Defensive Player of the Week Awards, while Megan Reynolds and Haelewyn have also claimed the offensive award
▪ OU tied two of the three Big Ten teams it faced this season
▪ Kellermann scored a hat trick against Rochester College, which tied for third most in single-game history at OU
▪ Haelewyn assisted on three goals in the match against Rochester College, which ties for fourth best in a single-game at Oakland
▪ Oakland was tabbed as the favorite in The Summit League Preseason Coaches Poll for the 11th time in school history, just edging South Dakota State this season with five first-place votes