For the eighth consecutive semester, Oakland led the Horizon League with 146 student-athletes meeting Honor Roll criteria
Golden Grizzlies and Flames play doubleheader on Saturday, May 6 at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on ESPN3 followed by series finale on Sunday, May 7 at noon
Miller and Squires record three hits each, Waalkes tosses second complete game of the season
Swanson hit 3-for-3 with double and RBI single
Walewski and Squires record three hits each
Oakland vs. UIC (senior day)
#OaklandSB vs Cleveland State Photos by Jose Jaurez
Oakland Softball vs Youngstown State - Doubleheader Home Opener
5-7-15 Second Round action vs Green Bay - HL Softball Championships
Oakland hosted UIC for its last games of the regular season on May 4.
▪ Started in six games in the circle with nine appearances with a 4.02 ERA, 2-4 record and 38 strikeouts ▪ Also made four starts at DP
▪ Picked up first win of the season with two strikeouts in relief against Quinnipiac (2/17)
▪ Recorded two complete games
▪ Threw 8.0 strong innings, allowing four runs, three earned with season-high six strikeouts while going 2-for-4 with one RBI at the plate leading Oakland to 7-4 win in 9 innings over Morgan State (2/25)
▪ Recorded three hits, RBI and three total bases
Made 30 game appearances with 25 game starts as a pinch and designated hitter
▪ Made 13 starts in the circle with 17 appearances tallying 45 strikeouts with three complete games
▪ Helped Oakland's pitching staff to a league-best ERA (2.15) while ranking second in opposing batting average (.247) in conference-only statistics
▪ Tallied 10 hits with seven RBI and one double
▪ Had a .917 fielding percentage
▪ Earned 2015 Fall 2016 Spring Horizon League Honor Roll distinction
▪ Started three of 10 games played.
▪ Started six games in the circle with 14 appearances recording a 4-2 record, 2.87 ERA, two complete games and 28 strikeouts.
▪ Tossed complete game shutout at Ava Maria (Feb. 25).
▪ Hit clutch three-run home run against Wright State (May 2) and tossed 4.0 shutout innings to pick up the win giving Oakland a share of the program’s first Horizon League regular season title.
▪ 2014 Fall and 2015 Spring Horizon League Honor Roll selection.
▪ Made 17 appearances with 13 starts in the circle
▪ Earned an 8-5 record with seven complete games and one shutout win
▪ Named to the Horizon League All-Freshman team
▪ Earned weekly league honors on Feb. 24
▪ For the same week, earned CollegeSportsMadness.com Pitcher of the Week honors
▪ Threw 91.1 innings total
▪ Also recorded 13 at bats on the season
▪ Was 1-for-3 twice - once against St. Bonaventure with an RBI (Feb. 28) and again against Mount St. Mary's with an RBI (Mar. 1)
▪ Recorded a four-hitter at FGCU with one unearned run and four strikeouts, gaining the 2-1 victory (Feb. 26)
▪ Threw all eight innings against Siena, allowing five hits with no walks and three strikeouts in the 3-0 win (Feb. 23)
▪ Tossed six scoreless innings against Mount St. Mary's with six strikeouts en route to the 9-4 win (Mar. 1)
▪ Horizon League Academic Honor Roll (Fall 2014)
▪ Horizon League Academic Honor Roll (Spring 2015)
▪ Horizon League Academic Honor Roll (Fall 2015)
▪ Horizon League Academic Honor Roll (Spring 2016)
▪ Horizon League Academic Honor Roll (Fall 2016)
▪ Three-time varsity letterwinner
▪ Three-time all-region, all-area, all-district and all-conference
▪ Member of three-time conference champion
▪ Led team to semifinals of state tournament senior year
Full Name: Kaley Jane Waalkes
Birthdate: April 17, 1995
Parents: Mike and Lisa