VALPARAISO, Ind. -- Sofia Borcuti won her doubles match with partner Daria Artamonova, 6-3 and No. 5 singles in straight sets, 6-0, 6-0 as the Oakland tennis team won a big match on the road against Valpo Saturday afternoon, 4-3.
Borcuti's win in singles play marks her third straight, and a team best six wins in league play.
The Golden Grizzlies (8-11, 4-4) wrap-up regular season play on Sunday, against UIC (16-5, 7-1) to take on the Flames in Chicago at the Flames Outdoor Tennis Courts at 11 a.m. (ET)
1. Daria Artamonova (OAK) def. Kathleen Hebble (VALPO) 6-1, 7-5
2. Paige Heuer (VALPO) def. Alexandra Whall (OAK) 6-3, 6-1
3. Meg Modesto (VALPO) def. Samantha Galloway (OAK) 3-6, 7-6 (0-4), 10-2
4. Amanda Nilsson (OAK) def. Jordan Kopfer (VALPO) 6-2, 6-0
5. Sofia Borcuti (OAK) def. Randi Wind (VALPO) 6-0, 6-0
6. Dao Sysouvanh (VALPO) def. Marija Milic (OAK) 6-2, 4-6, 10-2
1. Kathleen Hebble/Paige Heuer (VALPO) def. Alexandra Whall/Amanda Nilsson (OAK) 6-3
2. Daria Artamonova/Sofia Borcuti (OAK) def. Meg Modesto/Randi Wind (VALPO) 6-3
3. Samantha Galloway/Marija Milic (OAK) def. Dao Sysouvanh/Morgan Paras (VALPO) 7-5