ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Amanda Nilsson earned Oakland's lone win of the afternoon, a No. 4 singles win, 6-4, 6-1 as the Golden Grizzlies fell to Detroit Mercy, 4-1 in the quarterfinals of the Horizon League tennis championship at the Varsity Tennis Center at the University of Michigan.
Oakland was unable to capture the doubles point, heading into singles play down 1-0. The Titans were able to garner wins in three of the singles matches, to take the win over the Golden Grizzlies, 4-1. The No. 1 and No. 2 singles did not finish due to UDM earning the first four points.
1. Anna Davydova (UDM) vs. Daria Artamonova (OAKLAND) 7-6, 2-1, unfinished
2. Marie Maitrot (UDM) vs. Alexandra Whall (OAKLAND) 3-6, 6-4, 0-1, unfinished
3. Iris Thioux (UDM) def. Samantha Galloway (OAKLAND) 6-4, 6-4
4. Amanda Nilsson (OAKLAND) def. Nynke Van Der Goot (UDM) 6-4, 6-1
5. Pauline Van Herck (UDM) def. Sofia Borcuti (OAKLAND) 6-0, 7-5
6. Ksenia Providokhina (UDM) def. Marija Milic (OAKLAND) 6-0, 6-3
1. Marie Maitrot/Iris Thioux (UDM) def. Amanda Nilsson/Alexandra Whall (OAKLAND) 6-3
2. Anna Davydova/Nynke Van Der Goot (UDM) vs. Daria Artamonova/Sofia Borcuti (OAKLAND) 5-5, unfinished
3. Ksenia Providokhina/Pauline Van Herck (UDM) def. Samantha Galloway/Marija Milic (OAKLAND) 6-4